The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yippy-yikes
GCSEs scores are worth 30/85 points in the selection process (they rank the top 5 GCSEs for the foundation year). I can't say how good OPs GCSEs are to the rest of the applicants in the next cohort but the selection procedure is most heavily influenced on UCAT score (55 points - 40 for UCAT score and 15 for Situational judgement), so it does also depend on this :sadnod:

For me, my top 5 GCSEs were 88777 and my UCAT score was 2500 Band 3 for 2022 entry, and 2350 Band 3 for 2021 entry. I think because my GCSEs were high my UCAT score could be lower to get an interview (not that I aimed for that, the UCAT is just not my forte lol). Honestly I think 7's and 6's are really good grades for the foundation year though so I think you've got a good chance! It just depends on your UCAT score now :emog:

Spoiler

Edit: please check if you are eligible for the foundation year beforehand! There are some eligibility criterias you need to meet (also as long as you get predicted BBC-ABB with the B's in Bio and Chem, you'll be good to apply) :smile:

Have u sent ur occupational health letters I need to send them I sent them as a photo but. U have to do them as an attachment 😭
Original post by 🧸medical hope
Have u sent ur occupational health letters I need to send them I sent them as a photo but. U have to do them as an attachment 😭

Going to DM about it to you now :h:
Original post by Thumbsup786
Thank you Yippee-yikes. Very useful information and encouraging.

No problem! Sorry if I went on a waffle though lol
Hello everybody! Previously, I have done the Gateway Year course, if anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a message and I can help! Wishing you all the best this year! :smile:
Original post by medic0817
Hello everybody! Previously, I have done the Gateway Year course, if anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a message and I can help! Wishing you all the best this year! :smile:

Hey! My predicted grades are ABB but A in bio, is that ok for foundation year? It says on the website that the B needs to be bio and chem but I assumed that was for when we get our achieved grades, is that also the case for predicted grades, both Bs needing to be bio and chem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending