The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A108 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Nottingham A108.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Nottingham. :biggrin:

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A108 (Medicine with a Foundation Year) 2022 Entry Discussion.

Nottingham A108 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560752

Nottingham A108 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022598

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a108-selection.aspx

For entry requirements click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Medicine-with-a-Foundation-Year-(Nottingham-and-Derby-pathway)-BMedSci+and+BMBS

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have recently applied for Nottingham foundation course and I have received an email of acknowledgment. The reason why I applied for foundation instead of the 5 year course is because I felt my GCSEs grades UCAT scores were on the weaker side and I want to brush op on my maths and science skills. However for A-levels I am predicted A*A*A Will I still be considered for the course or did I waste an application?
Reply 2
Original post by miriam_oronze
I have recently applied for Nottingham foundation course and I have received an email of acknowledgment. The reason why I applied for foundation instead of the 5 year course is because I felt my GCSEs grades UCAT scores were on the weaker side and I want to brush op on my maths and science skills. However for A-levels I am predicted A*A*A Will I still be considered for the course or did I waste an application?

The entry requirement for the foundation course is BBC including meeting contextual requirements. Your best option would’ve been to apply for regular medical entry because you won’t be rejected outright for lower GCSE grades or ucat score as points are allocated, you’d still be considered at least.
However with the foundation course they are pretty strict and you have to meet both the contextual and grade requirements (i think the highest it can be is ABB or something similar).
You could email their admissions team and ask anyway to be certain, see if it’s possible to switch? Idk
Original post by Judith.
The entry requirement for the foundation course is BBC including meeting contextual requirements. Your best option would’ve been to apply for regular medical entry because you won’t be rejected outright for lower GCSE grades or ucat score as points are allocated, you’d still be considered at least.
However with the foundation course they are pretty strict and you have to meet both the contextual and grade requirements (i think the highest it can be is ABB or something similar).
You could email their admissions team and ask anyway to be certain, see if it’s possible to switch? Idk

Thank you
Original post by miriam_oronze

To be honest it does say underneath the A-Level part on their website for the course that if you achieve ABB or above, you should only apply to the 5 year course as opposed to the foundation year, but may still be worth checking
What were peoples calculated total points?

I feel like I’m on the weaker end :frown:. 100+ points but still I don’t know.
I scaled up the points from last years entry to the new total this year and I seem to be well in it (even as a percent of the total score), but I know the scoring has changed and cut offs vary for every year but I don’t know, just uneasy :frown:
Original post by studentinneed17
What were peoples calculated total points?

I feel like I’m on the weaker end :frown:. 100+ points but still I don’t know.
I scaled up the points from last years entry to the new total this year and I seem to be well in it (even as a percent of the total score), but I know the scoring has changed and cut offs vary for every year but I don’t know, just uneasy :frown:

haha mine is 98/144 so I baso have no luck with notts idk why I applied
I scored 103, I'm not sure what that means tbh, could anyone inform me of what that means pls?
Has anyone heard anything?
Reply 9
Has anyone heard anything?

Nope, when do you think they’ll send out interviews?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by User3982
Nope, when do you think they’ll send out interviews?

Definitely now, around this time, or they’ve already started anyway tbh, in regards to sending out interviews
Definitely now, around this time, or they’ve already started anyway tbh, in regards to sending out interviews

Yeah hopefully we hear soon! And what do you think the cut off will be? I’m hoping it’s lower for foundation year applicants
Yeah hopefully we hear soon! And what do you think the cut off will be? I’m hoping it’s lower for foundation year applicants

Oh granted it will be, but tbh bc its changed I have no idea. I think people are working them out by taking the cut off from last year/previous years then scaling it up to the new total for this year, but no telling tbh
Oh granted it will be, but tbh bc its changed I have no idea. I think people are working them out by taking the cut off from last year/previous years then scaling it up to the new total for this year, but no telling tbh

What are your points? if you don’t mind me asking
What are your points? if you don’t mind me asking

I don’t know if I wanna say my score yet until I’ve got an interview but on a general scale it’s past 100 haha
Has anyone heard back, I am mentally drained now.
Original post by batoolfatymah
Has anyone heard back, I am mentally drained now.

They’ve just started giving out interviews to A100 so we should hear back soon
We can hope that we’ll have some people here getting interviews yet? Obviously I don’t expect everyone who has applied to be on here but maybe they just haven’t sent out offers for our course yet? (Or the Lincoln foundation course)
We can hope that we’ll have some people here getting interviews yet? Obviously I don’t expect everyone who has applied to be on here but maybe they just haven’t sent out offers for our course yet? (Or the Lincoln foundation course)

I would’ve thought they’ve sent out invites for our course by now, do you think they’ll send some out during the weekend or they’ll start on Monday?
I would’ve thought they’ve sent out invites for our course by now, do you think they’ll send some out during the weekend or they’ll start on Monday?

I think they will start on Monday, universities are usually closed during weekends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending