ashleighs1996x
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sprocket999)
I’m surprised by the number of dates available. I imagine that means they’ll be a long wait to here back if you do it in Dec.
If I remember correctly, it’s normally mid February when you hear back. Not sure whether this was affected much last year because of Covid or whether it’ll impact the timeline this year, but yep, it will be an agonising couple of months for sure !
pole5533
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
That is a surprising. Not to rub salt in the wound but your score is better than mine.

Poor SJT, not meeting entry requirements or widening participation criteria?

Such a low number of spaces at Sheffield for GEM so statistically it’s probably the best to get rejected from.
Band 1, 2.1 and Distinction and I sumbitted nothing for the widening participation, I still feel a bit gut-punched tbh :/
It is what is is though, I emailed them, we'll see, best of luck to all interviewees
Last edited by pole5533; 3 weeks ago
ashleighs1996x
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pole5533)
Band 1, 2.1 and Distinction and I sumbitted nothing for the widening participation, I still feel a bit gut-punched tbh :/
It is what is is though, I emailed them, we'll see, best of luck to all interviewees
The Sheffield GEM course is only open to WP candidates, and they emailed out a form (plus it is on their website) for WP criteria that we had to submit a few weeks back.
If you haven’t submitted anything, this could be the reason why?
Hope you figure it out !
ashleighs1996x
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m surprised by the number of dates available. I imagine that means they’ll be a long wait to here back if you do it in Dec.
I’m so glad they gave a big selection, I was really worried about fitting it around work!

I wonder how many people have been invited to interview :confused:
Sprocket999
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pole5533)
That’ll be the reason then. Sheffield’s GEM places are for widening participation only, so if you didn’t submit it or didn’t reply then I imagine you would be automatically rejected/withdrawn.

I imagine you’ll get 3 interviews out of your 3 remaining choices assuming they’re all UCAT
Sprocket999
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ashleighs1996x)
I’m so glad they gave a big selection, I was really worried about fitting it around work!

I wonder how many people have been invited to interview :confused:
The dates will be for regular and GEM applicants so many I imagine.

I’m definitely least hopeful for Sheffield just based on the number of spaces.
Happy with the ~25min interview duration though. Feels a lot less daunting.
ashleighs1996x
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Wondering if anyone know about dissection on the Graduate course. It does mention on the page that graduate entry medics learn through a variety of methods (including dissection), but then on the undergraduate page it talks about them doing dissection in the first year of medicine - which is the year that grads skip ?

Anyone know anything more?!
Sprocket999
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ashleighs1996x)
Wondering if anyone know about dissection on the Graduate course. It does mention on the page that graduate entry medics learn through a variety of methods (including dissection), but then on the undergraduate page it talks about them doing dissection in the first year of medicine - which is the year that grads skip ?

Anyone know anything more?!
Instead of the research project in year 2, GEM students do a six week introductory module.

From the course info: “This includes anatomy (using prosection specimens), histology, physiology, etc.”
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations and commiserations on responses so far.

If you guys are up for it, I like to collect the details of TSR users that have been offered interviews in hopes that will help future cohorts in deciding where it would be most appropriate to apply:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1096770978

Hopefully a similar sheet has helped you in the past and maybe this one can help you too.

Good luck in your other applications and in your next stages!

GANFYD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
11.11%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.11%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.78%
Finding the motivation (21)
23.33%
Getting distracted (14)
15.56%
Procrastination (36)
40%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed