The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkpen11
Thats even better then less applicants for this course

I hope so lol, could be because no interviews have been sent out yet so this thread could get busier when interviews are sent
Original post by Stoic15
Hi guys, why is this chat so silent? Looked at 2021 entry pages it goes into the 50s or 60s this only has 3 so far. I was thinking perhaps a lot of people have higher grades so are taking a shot at only A100?

I was thinking the same thing lol- last year at this time (around the eligibility forms due date) the thread was wayyy more active. Hopefully it’s a reflection of the number of candidates this year..
I applied last year and we got interviews around February , so the chat will get more active in the new year hopefully
wait what? this is a 6 year course so the entry requirements are lower compare to the standard 5 year course?
Original post by Yoitsme987
ugh that’s so long

What other unis did you apply for, sorry im kinda interested as i saw u in the UEA thread too so feel like we got similar choices lol
Original post by Haitchd
What other unis did you apply for, sorry im kinda interested as i saw u in the UEA thread too so feel like we got similar choices lol

lol i have applied to uea, aston, southampton and plymouth. what about you?
Original post by Yoitsme987
lol i have applied to uea, aston, southampton and plymouth. what about you?

I applied to uea, southampton, lincoln and notts , are all of yours foundation / gateway years, i thought aston didn't do foundation not sure tho.
Original post by Haitchd
I applied to uea, southampton, lincoln and notts , are all of yours foundation / gateway years, i thought aston didn't do foundation not sure tho.

for aston i am a widening participation applicant so can apply for a 5 years programme
(edited 2 years ago)
When do you guys reckon we’ll receive the fee status questionnaire?
Has anyone received it yet?
I thought you only get it if the info on ur ucas isn't clear
Original post by Pinkpen11
I thought you only get it if the info on ur ucas isn't clear

Pretty much- but also, some of us have Settled Status’ under the EU settlement scheme, hence why they request extra info.
Hey guys I just received a fee status questionnaire, do u think that’s a good sign and do u think that means that they’ve read my answers to the three questions theyve sent 😭
Original post by L.a.i.l.a.
Hey guys I just received a fee status questionnaire, do u think that’s a good sign and do u think that means that they’ve read my answers to the three questions theyve sent 😭

Anyone who’s fee status is unclear based off their UCAS application will receive the questionnaire. At the moment that’s all it means.
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by Rosie0502
Has anyone heard back yet?

Nope just got an email at about 6pm saying theyre still processing it.
How many interviews do they give out for bm6?
Last year the number of applicants was 560 and 120 interviews were given (around 22%) and 30 offers (25%) (according to medicmind ) which is kinda weird coz their capacity is 30 students for that course so surely they’d give out a little more coz they know not everyone who’s getting an offer will end up acc going there right?
Reply 78
anyone else??
i still aint got no update other than the one about covid making everything hard a few days ago, getting quite anxious now :smile:
I think we’ll hear back in feb about interviews because thats what happened last yr

Quick Reply