University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2022 Entry

Watch
L.a.i.l.a.
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Last year the number of applicants was 560 and 120 interviews were given (around 22%) and 30 offers (25%) (according to medicmind ) which is kinda weird coz their capacity is 30 students for that course so surely they’d give out a little more coz they know not everyone who’s getting an offer will end up acc going there right?
toy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
anyone else??
i still aint got no update other than the one about covid making everything hard a few days ago, getting quite anxious now
Pinkpen11
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I think we’ll hear back in feb about interviews because thats what happened last yr
hannah12389
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by L.a.i.l.a.)
Last year the number of applicants was 560 and 120 interviews were given (around 22%) and 30 offers (25%) (according to medicmind ) which is kinda weird coz their capacity is 30 students for that course so surely they’d give out a little more coz they know not everyone who’s getting an offer will end up acc going there right?
yikes the stats are so scary
watermellone
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
wow. that is sending me shivers down my spine
L.a.i.l.a.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I knowww, and also the interview is panel and there’s a 30 min group task aswell so it’s probably gonna be harder especially coz it’s online
hannah12389
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I knowww, and also the interview is panel and there’s a 30 min group task aswell so it’s probably gonna be harder especially coz it’s online
I don't get the group task, is this with other applicants and what are we expected to do ? I've never heard of this rip
Yoitsme987
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hannah12389)
I don't get the group task, is this with other applicants and what are we expected to do ? I've never heard of this rip
I asked one of the student who studies med at soton and she said last year it was just the panel and there wasn’t a group task because it was online and it lasted 30 mins but obviously I don’t know if that’s the case for this year too
Last edited by Yoitsme987; 1 week ago
scoope
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
There’s no group task, just the panel interview with 2 interviewers. Same as last year. Their website is rlly out of date.
ethereala
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by scoope)
There’s no group task, just the panel interview with 2 interviewers. Same as last year. Their website is rlly out of date.
Do you know how Southampton conducts panel interviews for bm6? Like what we should do to prepare? I would really appreciate your advice!
scoope
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ethereala)
Do you know how Southampton conducts panel interviews for bm6? Like what we should do to prepare? I would really appreciate your advice!
Just look at what the info they have on their website about their interviews and what they are assessing. 😊 But ignore the group task bit! . I’m sure they’ll give more details on their invitation to interview emails too.
hannah12389
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Yoitsme987)
I asked one of the student who studies med at soton and she said last year it was just the panel and there wasn’t a group task because it was online and it lasted 30 mins but obviously I don’t know if that’s the case for this year too
oh that's good thanks !
r_khan15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
southahampton takin time w interviews icl
yippy-yikes
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by r_khan15)
From what's going on in the A100 thread, interview invites for the A100 course could start from early next week ahh
Pinkpen11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
We’ll probs get ours in the first week of feb so not long to go now !
watermellone
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by r_khan15)
I’m started to get anxiety waiting 😭 I’m so scared for the interview I’d be happy to get one but I don’t want it to scare me
scoope
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by watermellone)
I’m started to get anxiety waiting 😭 I’m so scared for the interview I’d be happy to get one but I don’t want it to scare me
I don’t think any interviewer would want you to feel scared. And we’re all a bit anxious, you’re not alone. Just do your best, that’s all you can do and if that’s not good enough this year then you’ll have options.
watermellone
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by scoope)
I don’t think any interviewer would want you to feel scared. And we’re all a bit anxious, you’re not alone. Just do your best, that’s all you can do and if that’s not good enough this year then you’ll have options.
yes that is true, thank you for this reply i really do hope the best for all of us!
L.a.i.l.a.
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
U know the way the interviews r on the 25th and 26th, and they said that they’d give us a week or two to prepare, then invites will probably be sent out around mid feb unless it’s rejections 😭
r_khan15
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
howd u know its on the 25th and 26th?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads