The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A101 / ScotGEM 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys , Results are out!! what did everyone get?
Original post by MPC1998
Hey! Does anyone know if ScotGEM used a cut off for section 3 last year (eg 55). As far as I can see it was 58 unweighted too?

Their website says average of 50 with no subset lower than 49 :smile:
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/scotgem-mbchb/selection/#:~:text=GAMSAT%20cut%2Doff%3A%20overall%20score,of%20the%202021%20admissions%20cycle.
When do they give interview offers?
Reply 43
I think last year was higher, according to the spreadsheet. 58 overall, 54 for each section:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit#gid=2009272060
Reply 44
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
When do they give interview offers?

Last year I was told I would get an interview on 27/11/2020 and then got the details through on 22/12/2020. Interviews were in January
Reply 45
Original post by phdmed
I think last year was higher, according to the spreadsheet. 58 overall, 54 for each section:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit#gid=2009272060

Christ I hope not - sat on 58/72/53 :s-smilie:
Original post by phdmed

Surely that's just what the minimum scores for each section happened to be from those that applied and not that this was necessarily a specific requirement? I'm sure whether or not you're interviewed is based on the section cut offs they specify on their website + the overall GAMSAT cut off score once determined.
Hi guys! Does anyone know the rough timelines of when interviews may be given out?
Original post by Shahishame
Admissions said late November in the visiting day.

So within the next 2 weeks?!?
So within the next 2 weeks?!?

thats so exciting if thats right!!
Original post by bhtn1096
thats so exciting if thats right!!

Would be good if someone could confirm that it's true
Reply 51
Would be good if someone could confirm that it's true

You could just read last years thread and check when people said they got their email invite
Original post by tjm0
You could just read last years thread and check when people said they got their email invite

Seems like late November. So within the next 2 weeks. Scary. Is 58 enough for interview? Does anyone know how they format their mmi? Anyone interviewed there before?
Reply 53
Hey guys I got 56 overall, I don’t know if I’m in for a chance. What do you think?
Original post by londongirl1
Surely that's just what the minimum scores for each section happened to be from those that applied and not that this was necessarily a specific requirement? I'm sure whether or not you're interviewed is based on the section cut offs they specify on their website + the overall GAMSAT cut off score once determined.

I'd agree with what you've said here. I'm sure they said on the online open day that the actual "cut-off" was 50 min (49 min subsets). But those chosen for interview may have happened to be higher than this.
The emails we were sent said interviews would be late January (26-28th I think it was).
And looking at last yeara forums, interviews were offered around 27th November, after the GAMSAT results were released on 16th November I think. So hopefully we'll hear the end of next week. Will just have to sit tight ☺️🤞
I really recommend dr Peter Griffith’s section 2 course. It improved my score by 10 from last year making it my joint highest section score along with section 3
Original post by cmartin1997
I really recommend dr Peter Griffith’s section 2 course. It improved my score by 10 from last year making it my joint highest section score along with section 3

What about it helped you?
What about it helped you?

They gave an a few different structures and explained the best times to use each for both question styles. You also got graded weekly and got very thorough feedback. I did the five week course but there’s also a 10 week available x
Do you think offers will be out this week by Friday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending