Shahishame
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey Guys , Results are out!! what did everyone get?
Ekgudgin1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MPC1998)
Hey! Does anyone know if ScotGEM used a cut off for section 3 last year (eg 55). As far as I can see it was 58 unweighted too?
Their website says average of 50 with no subset lower than 49
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...ssions%20cycle.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
When do they give interview offers?
phdmed
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ekgudgin1)
Their website says average of 50 with no subset lower than 49
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...ssions%20cycle.
I think last year was higher, according to the spreadsheet. 58 overall, 54 for each section:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2009272060
phdmed
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
When do they give interview offers?
Last year I was told I would get an interview on 27/11/2020 and then got the details through on 22/12/2020. Interviews were in January
MPC1998
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by phdmed)
I think last year was higher, according to the spreadsheet. 58 overall, 54 for each section:
Christ I hope not - sat on 58/72/53
londongirl1
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by phdmed)
Surely that's just what the minimum scores for each section happened to be from those that applied and not that this was necessarily a specific requirement? I'm sure whether or not you're interviewed is based on the section cut offs they specify on their website + the overall GAMSAT cut off score once determined.
bhtn1096
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys! Does anyone know the rough timelines of when interviews may be given out?
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Shahishame)
Admissions said late November in the visiting day.
So within the next 2 weeks?!?
bhtn1096
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
So within the next 2 weeks?!?
thats so exciting if thats right!!
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bhtn1096)
thats so exciting if thats right!!
Would be good if someone could confirm that it's true
tjm0
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Would be good if someone could confirm that it's true
You could just read last years thread and check when people said they got their email invite
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tjm0)
You could just read last years thread and check when people said they got their email invite
Seems like late November. So within the next 2 weeks. Scary. Is 58 enough for interview? Does anyone know how they format their mmi? Anyone interviewed there before?
sr143
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys I got 56 overall, I don’t know if I’m in for a chance. What do you think?
Ekgudgin1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by londongirl1)
Surely that's just what the minimum scores for each section happened to be from those that applied and not that this was necessarily a specific requirement? I'm sure whether or not you're interviewed is based on the section cut offs they specify on their website + the overall GAMSAT cut off score once determined.
I'd agree with what you've said here. I'm sure they said on the online open day that the actual "cut-off" was 50 min (49 min subsets). But those chosen for interview may have happened to be higher than this.
Ekgudgin1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The emails we were sent said interviews would be late January (26-28th I think it was).
And looking at last yeara forums, interviews were offered around 27th November, after the GAMSAT results were released on 16th November I think. So hopefully we'll hear the end of next week. Will just have to sit tight ☺️🤞
cmartin1997
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I really recommend dr Peter Griffith’s section 2 course. It improved my score by 10 from last year making it my joint highest section score along with section 3
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cmartin1997)
I really recommend dr Peter Griffith’s section 2 course. It improved my score by 10 from last year making it my joint highest section score along with section 3
What about it helped you?
cmartin1997
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
What about it helped you?
They gave an a few different structures and explained the best times to use each for both question styles. You also got graded weekly and got very thorough feedback. I did the five week course but there’s also a 10 week available x
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ekgudgin1)
The emails we were sent said interviews would be late January (26-28th I think it was).
And looking at last yeara forums, interviews were offered around 27th November, after the GAMSAT results were released on 16th November I think. So hopefully we'll hear the end of next week. Will just have to sit tight ☺️🤞
Do you think offers will be out this week by Friday?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.42%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.04%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.29%
Finding the motivation (24)
25%
Getting distracted (14)
14.58%
Procrastination (39)
40.63%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.04%

Watched Threads