retroluvr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi fellow international baccalaureate takers, I decided to take a break from the never ending IA work and make this thread for all students taking the IB planning to apply to Oxford for 2022 entry! It's great so many threads for potential Oxford law students exist but they're always so overwhelming centred around A-Levels that it's sometimes hard to find any other IB students to see what subjects they're taking / how predicted grades compare as comparing A-Level grades to IB grades is difficult. Answer the following;

Which degree I plan on taking:
Which college:
My IB subjects:
Predicted grades:
How I'm finding the IB in general:
How I'm feeling about my application:

I'll go first
Which degree I plan on taking: Law!
Which college: Brasenose
My IB subjects: HL: history, psychology, english lit. SL: german, maths ai, biology
Predicted grades: HL: 777 SL: 666 - overall 42 w 3 core points.
How I'm finding the IB in general: Honestly the biggest pain in the IB is my SL subjects. I don't like any of them, I'm not interested in the work at all and for some I have to do more work than in my HLs!
How I'm feeling about my application: Pretty nervous but I think that's normal. We'll just have to see I guess! I think the LNAT went well.
Advertisement
crstnak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by retroluvr)
Hi fellow international baccalaureate takers, I decided to take a break from the never ending IA work and make this thread for all students taking the IB planning to apply to Oxford for 2022 entry! It's great so many threads for potential Oxford law students exist but they're always so overwhelming centred around A-Levels that it's sometimes hard to find any other IB students to see what subjects they're taking / how predicted grades compare as comparing A-Level grades to IB grades is difficult. Answer the following;

Which degree I plan on taking:
Which college:
My IB subjects:
Predicted grades:
How I'm finding the IB in general:
How I'm feeling about my application:

I'll go first
Which degree I plan on taking: Law!
Which college: Brasenose
My IB subjects: HL: history, psychology, english lit. SL: german, maths ai, biology
Predicted grades: HL: 777 SL: 666 - overall 42 w 3 core points.
How I'm finding the IB in general: Honestly the biggest pain in the IB is my SL subjects. I don't like any of them, I'm not interested in the work at all and for some I have to do more work than in my HLs!
How I'm feeling about my application: Pretty nervous but I think that's normal. We'll just have to see I guess! I think the LNAT went well.
Oh my gosh, hi!!! finally, an IB student on here that is also suffering under all the IAs and EE piling up-

Which degree I plan on taking: Law
Which college: not completely sure yet
My IB subjects: Psych, English L&L, Math AA at HL
Predicted grades: haven't been told, but probably mid 40s
How I'm finding the IB in general: My biggest pains are econ and psych... I started off so strong but now that I have had to memorise like 60 studies (with more incoming) I can barely keep up with that 6. econ is just frustrating, I just cannot understand it for the life of me. My EE is due in like two weeks (why? just why?), and so are like every other IA.
How I'm feeling about my application: Very nervous!!! I am so scared of the LNAT, it's coming way too soon.
retroluvr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by crstnak)
Oh my gosh, hi!!! finally, an IB student on here that is also suffering under all the IAs and EE piling up-

Which degree I plan on taking: Law
Which college: not completely sure yet
My IB subjects: Psych, English L&L, Math AA at HL
Predicted grades: haven't been told, but probably mid 40s
How I'm finding the IB in general: My biggest pains are econ and psych... I started off so strong but now that I have had to memorise like 60 studies (with more incoming) I can barely keep up with that 6. econ is just frustrating, I just cannot understand it for the life of me. My EE is due in like two weeks (why? just why?), and so are like every other IA.
How I'm feeling about my application: Very nervous!!! I am so scared of the LNAT, it's coming way too soon.
Ahh yeah EE and IAs are really stressing me out too!! Good luck to you my LNAT went quite well if i’m being honest and I found it easier than the practises! Hopefully more people find this thread.
crstnak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by retroluvr)
Ahh yeah EE and IAs are really stressing me out too!! Good luck to you my LNAT went quite well if i’m being honest and I found it easier than the practises! Hopefully more people find this thread.
I'm glad to hear that! I have it tomorrow, but from what people are saying I don't feel horrible anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads