The Student Room Group

mental health deteriorated

I really miss how I used to be, I was happy going to school and work now I hate it. I'm depressed
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I really miss how I used to be, I was happy going to school and work now I hate it. I'm depressed

I hate uni so much and don't know what I'm doing
I think everyone feels overwhelmed at first op because it's such a step up and there's so much independent learning especially as you have to figure out how much is actually relevant for the first time
If you don't like it just quit
If you don't like it just quit

dont make it worst for him/her please, dont put ideas in his/her head please. persevere, keep going
I hate uni so much and don't know what I'm doing

i understand what youre feeling. what are you studying
Reply 5
thank you, I'm not stupid enough to just quit it, it's business with marketing

I hear you. I'm a third year at Oxford Uni and I detest it. I love my course but I have zero friends due to social anxiety. I'm not kidding, not one. I spend my day studying and watching tv. I can't join societies as I'm so shy. Everyone here is so full of confidence. I can only say to you OP, keep trying and you'll get there. You're not alone. Good luck to you.
I feel the exact same all the passion and motivation I use to have for school is gone and I don’t know why
thank you, I'm not stupid enough to just quit it, it's business with marketing

Why is it stupid to quit something that's ruining your mental health? If anything it's stupid to carry on with this if it's ruining it

How old are you?

Why is it stupid to quit something that's ruining your mental health? If anything it's stupid to carry on with this if it's ruining it

Because their mental health won't improve unless they get medication or therapy. If they just quit, they will end up with no qualification and bad mental health.
I hear you. I'm a third year at Oxford Uni and I detest it. I love my course but I have zero friends due to social anxiety. I'm not kidding, not one. I spend my day studying and watching tv. I can't join societies as I'm so shy. Everyone here is so full of confidence. I can only say to you OP, keep trying and you'll get there. You're not alone. Good luck to you.

Me too was a fourth year in same situation there's so much pressure in uni social life but when u leave it's not the same thankfully
Original post by ON YOUR LIFE
How old are you?

Because their mental health won't improve unless they get medication or therapy. If they just quit, they will end up with no qualification and bad mental health.

If its university making them like that then it probably will get better and they can get qualifications so many other ways. University isn't the the only way
If its university making them like that then it probably will get better and they can get qualifications so many other ways. University isn't the the only way

As someone who has dropped out before, I can say your mental health will not improve by staying at home all day watching Netflix and listening to metal or rap music. They need to seek therapy or medication, maybe take up a sport or eat foods they like while staying at university.

If they want to drop out and get a job, that is another matter.
Original post by ON YOUR LIFE
As someone who has dropped out before, I can say your mental health will not improve by staying at home all day watching Netflix and listening to metal or rap music. They need to seek therapy or medication, maybe take up a sport or eat foods they like while staying at university.

If they want to drop out and get a job, that is another matter.

Everyone is different and yes I mean drop out then do something else like job or apprenticeship that might be better.

Quick Reply

Latest