Flexible Medical field for musician/ singer

Watch
Rain_ oo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all🖐 I really need your help.

I'm a high school student in grade 11th and I'm really passionate about music and singing . I like to study music in university but my dad thinks that I can't make it big and I end up nothing 😒 Actually he never saw me singing ,so he thinks that it's just unrealistic passion.🤕 I also really love to act and be in tv but when I told him he said the same thing, " you can be a doctor and do acting too"
" What if you didn't get any role? Are you going to wait for them to offer you sth ?"was his answer
🥺

and he REALLY WANTS me to study a field in medicine, so he was planning to send me to a boarding school in UK in which I can apply for best med schools later .🤕🙄

He somehow wants me to have the prestige and the position this job requires for me in the future, and also he doesn't wants me to struggle financially, so that's why he thinks it's the best choice for me .

I know It's a great plan but HONESTLY I can't let go of my dream and I also know It's good to have a backup plan in case It doesn't work💁*♀️

So what I want to know is that : Is there any medical field which has flexible and good hours and less amount of working ( and schooling ) so that I will be able to pursue my dreams and something I can practice well, take off my white coat and go for a tour when I want to, then go back .

Is there such a field in medicine? It would mean a lot if you help me🌝

Lastly I want to know that if you were in my place what choice you would make ?
MichaelArtichoke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't make a choice for you since I don't know all of the facts but maybe reach out to your school counselor and talk to her about the problem. They will probably be able to help you look for a job that meets the requirements you listed in your post. :]
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmm! Prarents always want that their kids have good grades in the school and they don't allow other things to do just like music etc ..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (126)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.31%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.22%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.6%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
4.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed