The Student Room Group

Oxford PPE GCSE grades

I want to apply to Oxford for PPE but I am aware it is very competitive and most applicants have GCSES equivalent to 10 A*s I believe?
In my gcses I got:
One 9, 6 8s, 3 7s and one grade 6 and a grade 5

Am I at any disadvantage as my GCSEs are lower than the typical applicant? I took my GCSES this year, and for the subjects I got 7s and 6s and the 5 in, I was expecting to get grade 8/9, especially in maths which I have got a 7 in. Is it worth retaking it for the sake of university? I know I am capable of achieving higher grades had i sat the actual exam.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
I would just like to mention that gcses do not have much of an impact on your prospects of an offer. People have applied with all 9 and 5 A* and have been rejected. Therefore even if you did do all the work and still got rejected it wouldnt have been worth it as not many other Rg unis require good gcses.
You may be better off applying to cambrudge as they put less precedent on gcse results when giving offers.
Reply 2
Original post by Dominininc
I would just like to mention that gcses do not have much of an impact on your prospects of an offer. People have applied with all 9 and 5 A* and have been rejected. Therefore even if you did do all the work and still got rejected it wouldnt have been worth it as not many other Rg unis require good gcses.
You may be better off applying to cambrudge as they put less precedent on gcse results when giving offers.

I would apply to Cambridge but they don’t offer PPE. I want to apply to Oxford because it’s very good for PPE
Reply 3
Original post by Dominininc

Thanks for the advice, so for those who got the highest grades yet still got rejected, was it because their interview or personal statement was lacking? e.g they didn’t show an interest in their subject during the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending