heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How many hours do counsellors work a week? I have met a few counsellors and they all do lots of other work besides counselling such as being a lecturer, working in a charity or organisation. Idk they all just have so many different jobs at the same time. why is this? Is the counselling career not full-time or something? Just curious
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by heart2you)
How many hours do counsellors work a week? I have met a few counsellors and they all do lots of other work besides counselling such as being a lecturer, working in a charity or organisation. Idk they all just have so many different jobs at the same time. why is this? Is the counselling career not full-time or something? Just curious
There aren't many full-time counselling jobs and for many people, counselling is a second career. so may be done part-time alongside other work. The actual client work can be emotionally demanding, so many counsellors will limit how many clients they see each week.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Many counsellors have a set number of clients they want to see. This is done for two reasons, one is that there is far less confusion overall. The other major one is that there would be too much admin paperwork to read etc. These days there are few properly qualified counsellors so bear that in mind. Most have other jobs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (161)
84.29%
No (30)
15.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed