you have your whole life to work but do you have your whole life to study?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
title
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well yes. 2nd degree started at 46, masters at 48. I may do another degree at 70, like my dad is doing, 50 years after doing his first one.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, you do. My husband is 44 and just started his first degree.
tinygirl96
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes. I’m currently studying French at 25.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely. I once met someone who was doing a PhD in their late 70s.
Anon346775
Rep:
You all assumed I was talking about university.
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yes, the age of the internet allows for education to be a lot more accessible with online courses for just about any type of qualification (GCSEs, A-Levels, open uni degrees) and even despite the internet you can study at any age as long as you pay once you’re 18+, my mum always reminds me education will always be available to me because I’m often stressing out about subject choices and such.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by renosiie)
yes, the age of the internet allows for education to be a lot more accessible with online courses for just about any type of qualification (GCSEs, A-Levels, open uni degrees) and even despite the internet you can study at any age as long as you pay once you’re 18+, my mum always reminds me education will always be available to me because I’m often stressing out about subject choices and such.
What good is online courses? I don’t learn like that, I learn in the classroom.
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There are night classes, or classes in the local technical college available.
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
What good is online courses? I don’t learn like that, I learn in the classroom.
You asked if education was always accessible, I answered your question. Don't get moody because I gave you an answer.

Most courses have a heavy aspect of learning outside of the classroom nowadays anyway so you're going to have to get over yourself
Ax Sleepy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why u wanna not study until ur 100? :rofl:
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You all assumed I was talking about university.
Because you literally said “study” you didn’t specify you’re talking about your a-levels that you dropped out of and now think you can never do anything.
Plenty of people have given you plenty of options and advice. You just never accept any of it.
The one thing you want to do-which is to go back in time and never dropping out in the first place-you can’t do.
Anon346775
Rep:
Well I dropped out and its done now, but what I wanted was the option to go back on it.
Ax Sleepy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well I dropped out and its done now, but what I wanted was the option to go back on it.
U can!
Fam that’s what I keep saying!
Go and do it again!
But if ur that thick that u can’t see that’s what I’m saying, then maybe it’s not a good idea,
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Restart A-Levels as private candidate. Access to HE course. Foundation year.

Lots of options which I'm sure you've heard before.
Anon346775
Rep:
like if I decide not to go to uni (at least not straight away) at least get my level 3 qualifications
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
like if I decide not to go to uni (at least not straight away) at least get my level 3 qualifications
You'll usually need to have taken a level 3 qual within around 5 years of the uni course start date, (depending on the unis requirements).
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You’ve literally posted and been told this about 100 times.
If you choose not to listen then that’s on you.
Tired guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
title
Why would you want to just sit inside and study all day anyway? Studying is legit just so dead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.8%
Okay (106)
29.69%
A bit lacking (130)
36.41%
Not good at all (86)
24.09%

Watched Threads