Jojoster69
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, does kings not consider band 4 applicants, despite a high UCAT score (80th/90th percentile) all 9s at GCSE, 3 A* predicted grades for a level, a solid personal statement and reference,
Jojoster69
Rep:
?
Hi does kings college London not consider band 4 applicants in SJT, despite a high UCAT score (80th/90th percentile), all 9s at GCSE, 3 A* predicted A level grades and a solid personal statement and reference?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jojoster69)
Hi, does kings not consider band 4 applicants, despite a high UCAT score (80th/90th percentile) all 9s at GCSE, 3 A* predicted grades for a level, a solid personal statement and reference,
For future reference, please post in the dedicated med school thread. KCL A100 is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6963390

To answer your question - I wouldn't even apply there with a Band 3, let alone Band 4. It would be a waste of a choice.
Jojoster69
Rep:
?
Sorry, I didn’t realize there was a dedicated thread😅, so despite having everything else at the recommended criteria, I still won’t secure an interview because I’m a band 4 applicant?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry, I didn’t realize there was a dedicated thread😅, so despite having everything else at the recommended criteria, I still won’t secure an interview because I’m a band 4 applicant?
Yes, considering that medicine is a competitive course - there will be plenty of other applicants who have everything else plus Band 2 or better.

With Band 3 or worse, I would not consider KCL.
Jojoster69
Rep:
?
Alright thank you very much, which unis would you recommend I apply to with my stats?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Alright thank you very much, which unis would you recommend I apply to with my stats?
Read the first post of https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578 and then post with all your stats broken down as suggested in the first post of that thread.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Glasgow doesn't use the SJT and have a high UCAT threshold. I don't think southampton rejects band 4 either. Other than that the BMAT would be a better option.
Mr Franks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Glasgow doesn't use the SJT and have a high UCAT threshold. I don't think southampton rejects band 4 either. Other than that the BMAT would be a better option.
What about Plymouth?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads