Running the pill together

Watch
Elle_955
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it safe to run 2 packs of the pill together? I’ve seen a few different ways to take it, some say have a 4 day break and some say have a 7 day break but these are all for running 3 together? I don’t know how many days to have a break for after 2 packs for it to still be effective?
Any help is much appreciated.
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Best advise is speak to either your GP or local chemist pharmacist about this as I wouldn't recommend it but obviously there are those who probably do this but with medical advise....

"The NHS warns against taking multiple packs of the combined oral contraceptive pill back to back; not specifically on the grounds of it being unsafe, but because of the chances of breakthrough bleeding (spotting) or side-effects such as bloating

Is it bad to double up on birth control......
Birth control pills are really good at preventing pregnancy — but only if you use them correctly. That means taking 1 pill every day. There's no extra protection if you double-up on pills after sex, and it's not a good idea because it can make the rest of your pill pack confusing.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Elle_955)
Is it safe to run 2 packs of the pill together? I’ve seen a few different ways to take it, some say have a 4 day break and some say have a 7 day break but these are all for running 3 together? I don’t know how many days to have a break for after 2 packs for it to still be effective?
Any help is much appreciated.
You should discuss it with whoever prescribed the pill for you but generally yes, it is safe to take packs one after the other without a break, though not having a break increases your chances of breakthrough bleeding. You can have either a 7 day break or a 4 day break, depending on what your doctor told you to do. The break is the same whether you do it after one pack or after running several packs one after the other - do not take a longer break than what you were advised to do as that will increase your chance of getting pregnant.

Perhaps have a chat to a pharmacist or whoever prescribed the pill for you just to make sure you are happy with what you are doing?
Last edited by black tea; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads