emerzz44
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hey, i have recently changed my mind from nursing/midwifery and now am interested in ecology and conservation.
i was wondering if anyone knows if this is a good degree that will get me somewhere and if it has a decent amount of biology in it.
also i am interested in good unis to do this at, i have looked at stirling and bournemouth
thanks
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Look at courses at Aberysthwyth, Plymouth, Sussex, Aberdeen and St Andrews.

Careers info :
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...mental-science
https://www.conservation-careers.com/
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Have a look at the Guardian Good Uni guide. Lots of top unis offering ecology:

St Andrews
Lancaster
Imperial
Edinburgh
York
Leeds
Exeter
Edge Hill
Plymouth
Sheffield
Royal Holloway
Nottingham-trent
Fruity Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
What A levels have you been studying? It might be worth considering a broader biological sciences degree with plant, animal, human and ecology and conservation but often these courses want more specific A levels than Ecology and Conservation would.
jesswatt
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by emerzz44)
hey, i have recently changed my mind from nursing/midwifery and now am interested in ecology and conservation.
i was wondering if anyone knows if this is a good degree that will get me somewhere and if it has a decent amount of biology in it.
also i am interested in good unis to do this at, i have looked at stirling and bournemouth
thanks
Hi! I’m going to Bournemouth for ecology this year! It would be nice to talk before going if you’re doing it too! (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads