icecream2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey , has anyone here worked or know anyone or anything about working in a children’s residential home or know of any other type of jobs that i can get part time whilst studying at uni? I have experience and qualifications but what else is required and what companies or how do i apply I’m lost? As i don’t want to work in retail, or anything like that i want to do something different that is related to my degree

Thankyou
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by icecream2021)
Hey , has anyone here worked or know anyone or anything about working in a children’s residential home or know of any other type of jobs that i can get part time whilst studying at uni? I have experience and qualifications but what else is required and what companies or how do i apply I’m lost? As i don’t want to work in retail, or anything like that i want to do something different that is related to my degree

Thankyou
It's good you want to work somewhere so specific to your degree but if all else fails just get a job as any money to help once your graduated will be useful.

The hours the children residential homes or nurseries would require I highly doubt these will be part time to accommodate the hours you need to do at University. Won't your University course have placements you have to attend too?

Perhaps a "play worker type role" and these are sometimes advertised on your council website but mostly for summer period or half term school holidays.
Is there any Youth Clubs you could work at too? youth club hours would be suited to you.
How about children/teen charities they should have paid jobs I'm assuming?
Is there a creche or nursery at the University campus?
What about a library job that should be advertised again on the council website.
Google children residential homes + the area you want to work and should find a list of the head office you can see what vacancies there is.

All the best.
Last edited by Ash1234; 1 week ago
icecream2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ash1234)
It's good you want to work somewhere so specific to your degree but if all else fails just get a job as any money to help once your graduated will be useful.

The hours the children residential homes or nurseries would require I highly doubt these will be part time to accommodate the hours you need to do at University. Won't your University course have placements you have to attend too?

Perhaps a "play worker type role" and these are sometimes advertised on your council website but mostly for summer period or half term school holidays.
Is there any Youth Clubs you could work at too? youth club hours would be suited to you.
How about children/teen charities they should have paid jobs I'm assuming?
Is there a creche or nursery at the University campus?
What about a library job that should be advertised again on the council website.
Google children residential homes + the area you want to work and should find a list of the head office you can see what vacancies there is.

All the best.
Thank-you for your reply, i will look into it & yes i do have placement so it is hard to be as flexible, however i heard children residential homes have flexible shift but not sure how true this is, also do playworkers work in a hospital environment? Or in a school/ nursey environment? &

As for charities how would i go about researching this? Do i just google childrens/ teen charities vacancies?

Thank-you once again this was really helpful!☺️
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by icecream2021)
Thank-you for your reply, i will look into it & yes i do have placement so it is hard to be as flexible, however i heard children residential homes have flexible shift but not sure how true this is, also do playworkers work in a hospital environment? Or in a school/ nursey environment? &

As for charities how would i go about researching this? Do i just google childrens/ teen charities vacancies?

Thank-you once again this was really helpful!☺️
It's more of a school/nursery Youth Club style environment. I hardly see any Play worker roles in hospitals but you could potentially apply for a health care assistant bank worker but that's completely opposite to what you want to do...

First I'd suggest Google children residential homes near ____ the area you live and just ring them all up.

Yes exactly that a number of children homes are owned by a bigger company so have head offices etc
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Youth clubs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (251)
57.44%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.27%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.76%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.35%

Watched Threads