HELP! Geography or Global Development?

Watch
shahmrn
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys,

I'm in year 13 now and I've written my personal statement for geography, but am now considering either geography and global development or global development with a language. Regarding the careers aspect of the two subjects which is better? I am also going to either tweak or completely change my personal statement to cater it more towards global development. I've definitely changed my mind and am looking towards the humanitarian/political aspect of geography.

Any thoughts welcome just tell me your opinions on this situation please I need some clarification
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
International Development is a fascinating area as it includes different subjects not just Geograhy - you will get to study Sociology/Politics, Anthroplogy, Politics, Envirionmental issues, Gender issues and even History. This was my first degree and the inter-disciplinary nature of the degree gave me experience is so many areas, and proved invaluable for further study and later career decisions. You can do International Development as a single subect or its often offered as a joint degree with another subject - useful for breadth and depth.
Sussex - as just one example - http://www.sussex.ac.uk/development/ugstudy/prospectus
shahmrn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
International Development is a fascinating area as it includes different subjects not just Geograhy - you will get to study Sociology/Politics, Anthroplogy, Politics, Envirionmental issues, Gender issues and even History. This was my first degree and the inter-disciplinary nature of the degree gave me experience is so many areas, and proved invaluable for further study and later career decisions. You can do International Development as a single subect or its often offered as a joint degree with another subject - useful for breadth and depth.
Sussex - as just one example - http://www.sussex.ac.uk/development/ugstudy/prospectus
Thank you so much for this reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.07%
October 2021 (189)
46.1%
November 2021 (42)
10.24%
December 2021 (54)
13.17%
January 2021 (45)
10.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.27%