UKL ruined my life Watch

This discussion is closed.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
Hannah! Hello! I was wondering about you and Ben randomly the other day, I don't see either of you around anymore and I was wondering how it was going
Awww! It's going fine, we're still managing to see each other despite being at opposite ends of the country. It's really weird UKL started it all though, I still can't get my head round it. :bebored:
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Awww! It's going fine, we're still managing to see each other despite being at opposite ends of the country. It's really weird UKL started it all though, I still can't get my head round it. :bebored:
I can imagine! Things must be really special if you're still going despite the distance
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know that feeling... i thought i was safe to say what i wanted on here... til sum1 from school joined :eek:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Ain't that a kick in the head. They all come back eventually. And internet relationships can work i've been with my boyf 3 years now.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Ain't that a kick in the head. They all come back eventually. And internet relationships can work i've been with my boyf 3 years now.
:eek: that's great. are you at southapmton uni?
Zarathustra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
UKL ruined my revision.
:rolleyes: It's ruining mine right now...

*beats self with Chaucer*

ZarathustraX
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
:eek: that's great. are you at southapmton uni?
Yeah i am . We're getting engaged this year hopefully!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Yeah i am . We're getting engaged this year hopefully!
aww that's great - congrats
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
aww that's great - congrats
Thanks babe
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
That's the reason why I'm never posting a photo (or mentioning my real name, for that matter). You never know when you'll get bitten in the arse.
(Original post by Chicken)
So you mean you're name isn't Gabriel Copernicas White? :eek:
I'm truly shocked! How could this be? Mr White; an institution founded on lies! *dramatics*

Ah, and so convincing. Do you suppose this means he also fabricated his mansion, servants and moving-bookcase-ladder? Devastating.

We have been imposed upon.

( )
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Evening all! Many of you will not know me, as I've not been on the forum much recently. Not since last summer. I don't think I've ever told anyone the reason why... so here goes.

Basically, I took part in a thread on distance relationships and said on one of my posts that I had cheated on my then gf once, but it was a huge mistake and I regretted it blah blah blah. Anyway... months later the girlfriend in question came across not only UKL, but also came across the aforementioned post. Suffice to say, **** hit the fan with some force and I ended up single. Now I know the whole event was completely and utterly my fault. But I was kind of sick of UKL afterwards, and hence pretty much ignored it as best I good.

The motto? Don't for one moment think the stuff you say on here is someway removed from real life because it isn't.

EDIT: Yes I know, the thread title is melodramatic, but it made you look!
Heeyy Tednol,

you sincerely have my sympathy *hugs*

I actually know what you mean - I got caught out too, by my ex-bf's flatmate, so it wasn't that bad, but it was still embarassing!

He was like, 'oh so you're danni_bella83 on TSR' and I'm like :eek:

Well, hehe, obviously it wasn't as serious as your situation as I was a good girl and didn't do anything bad, but it was just embarrasing that he knew I was using this site, as I said some personal things on here! So now I don't As much as I used to. Anyway was ages ago, like September 2004 so I'm over it now.

The reason why it didn't stop me from using TSR was coz I thought it would still be useful for homework, but let me tell you it was certainly a wakeup call!

DB_x

P.S. Welcome back to :tsr:
Dyakson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not too worried about giving out personal details over the Internet - I just prefer to keep my details to the private message system and keep them away from the All-Seeing Eye of Google. After all, I give my name to people I've never met before on my course, at work, ect - and they're in the same geographical location as me and are just as likely to be psychopaths...

Although, to be honest, I don't think I would mind anyone I know reading my posts here. I've not admitted anything - except for being a sad git who spends all day on the Internet chatting to people he's never met on a forum - but that's probably no suprise to anyone.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Could be. Or maybe not. Perhaps I'm lying about lying about my identity? Suffice to say I don't like the idea of people from this website being aware about my real identity. And, needless to say, I don't like the idea of people from the real world being aware of my TSR identity.
Very well put. A little lying goes a long way.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I haven't felt the need to pretend to be someone I'm not, or to lie on the forum. I don't have a problem with people knowing I post on here, because I mainly stay in one area of the forum to get careers advice, and don't venture out of it too much.

I just make sure I don't post in threads that are asking about stuff that I wouldn't be happy for people to know. Sad, but true
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (130)
46.43%
Pro-humanity (150)
53.57%

Watched Threads