Luca27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I graduated with a 2.2 (58%) in Computer Science and a Distinction in my MSc in International Business Management (73%). Can I still apply for jobs that require a 2.1 minimum? I do not have particular reasons for my 2.2. I just found it very difficult even though I did my best. Business seemed a lot easier for me to understand and apply my knowledge.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Luca27)
I graduated with a 2.2 (58%) in Computer Science and a Distinction in my MSc in International Business Management (73%). Can I still apply for jobs that require a 2.1 minimum? I do not have particular reasons for my 2.2. I just found it very difficult even though I did my best. Business seemed a lot easier for me to understand and apply my knowledge.
The job description should make it clear whether it is referring explicitly to any degree or specifically to a bachelor or masters degree. There may also be a requirement that you must have a "2:1 in a relevant degree" and some companies may exclude you if they do not feel that your masters is a relevant degree for that role. If it is not made explicitly clear, then assume it is okay and apply.

With regards to software development and related roles, there is usually some emphasis on having practical skills and project work. Therefore even if you do not precisely meet the requirements, there may be some companies which are more wiling to be flexible if you can demonstrate a strong project portfolio.
Last edited by 0le; 2 weeks ago
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If in doubt apply - unless you are concerned about the time taken for speculative applications. You miss all the shots you don't take.
JVM2020
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Look at what else you have to offer. Any work experience or volunteering should contribute.

Employers have to look for attitude and ability.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (249)
57.24%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.8%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.37%

Watched Threads