alansmith031288
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi was wondering if anyone could tell me how effective accutane is and how it is to go private in the uk. I’ve had acne for nearly 5 years. It has improved on my face over the past year but I also get it on my chest and back and the creams and tablets I’ve had only work for so long and it just comes back again. I’ve also got a lot of scars on my face, back and chest from it. The spots clear but then they just come back again after about a week everytime
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Accutane worked well for me, i had everything you listed there, severe cystic acne for years and on my body. I had to go private as GPs don't like giving it out and will make you try random things for years first. I advise you to go private if you have the money. The scarring faded a lot too, however 4 years on i have some pit scarring on my cheeks still, but i know dermos offer those chemical peel treatments at discounted rates while youre on accutane so i'd advise considering scar treatment alongside the meds if you wish, just more effective. My skin generally is great now very rarely get a spot even during my period.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
99% effective, it shrinks the glands that produce sebum. Best stuff ever, first timers can get along fine with a piddly 10mg dosage, but going private is expensive. You have to pay for the blood tests as well as the medication. Treclin gel is also very good, won't shrink glands but it turns over your skin cells rapidly so that the clogged pores occur less.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (121)
56.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (24)
11.21%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (26)
12.15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.88%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.07%

Watched Threads