Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all! I’m a female international student who just received a conditional offer to study Economics L100 at Warwick. I’m ecstatic and am considering making Warwick either my firm or insurance (depending on other offers from my remaining 4 choices), but I’ve also been warned by a friend currently at uni that sexism is a huge issue at Warwick. Former/current Warwick students, do you feel like this is true? Have you had any personal issues with sexism during your time in uni?
lalexm
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all! I’m a female international student who just received a conditional offer to study Economics L100 at Warwick. I’m ecstatic and am considering making Warwick either my firm or insurance (depending on other offers from my remaining 4 choices), but I’ve also been warned by a friend currently at uni that sexism is a huge issue at Warwick. Former/current Warwick students, do you feel like this is true? Have you had any personal issues with sexism during your time in uni?
Not been there myself (I went to Uni many years ago), but the couple of people I know that went there loved it, and did not mention anything about sexism. Was it the Uni itself e.g. teaching staff, that were allegedly sexist? You will of course get some students that will be, but I would have thought that's the same everywhere. I'm assuming economics will have more males than females, but again, won't that be the same at all Unis?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Definitely not true. Warwick is a fantastic equal opportunities University. Definitely no sexism there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads