The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York?

What is the university of York like? Like, student life and satisfaction? What is the chemistry course like there?
Original post by Anonymous
What is the university of York like? Like, student life and satisfaction? What is the chemistry course like there?

Hi there,

It's great that you're considering York! I am a recent graduate (not Chemistry I'm afraid), but I absolutely loved my time at York and would definitely recommend the university and the city as a fantastic place to live and study.

York is a beautiful city that always has lots on. In first year you'll probably live on campus, which is a short walk/bus ride from the city centre. The campus has everything you need on it, from cafes/restaurants to study facilities and social spaces. I remember finding it super easy to settle in as everything was on my doorstep and I was surrounded by students so you get a great student atmosphere.

It's a really studenty city with loads of independent bars, pubs, cafes etc and the city is well connected with direct trains to nearby places like Leeds if you fancier a bigger night out or a day trip somewhere. If you have any questions about the accommodation or campus/student life, just let me know!

For info on the Chemistry courses, I would check out the course pages and the student blogs for an insight into what it's like to study at York from our students. You can also chat to our students by selecting your area of study, and then you can connect with a Chemistry student to ask them any questions you have about the course!

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:
Graduate Ambassador
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

It's great that you're considering York! I am a recent graduate (not Chemistry I'm afraid), but I absolutely loved my time at York and would definitely recommend the university and the city as a fantastic place to live and study.

York is a beautiful city that always has lots on. In first year you'll probably live on campus, which is a short walk/bus ride from the city centre. The campus has everything you need on it, from cafes/restaurants to study facilities and social spaces. I remember finding it super easy to settle in as everything was on my doorstep and I was surrounded by students so you get a great student atmosphere.

It's a really studenty city with loads of independent bars, pubs, cafes etc and the city is well connected with direct trains to nearby places like Leeds if you fancier a bigger night out or a day trip somewhere. If you have any questions about the accommodation or campus/student life, just let me know!

For info on the Chemistry courses, I would check out the course pages and the student blogs for an insight into what it's like to study at York from our students. You can also chat to our students by selecting your area of study, and then you can connect with a Chemistry student to ask them any questions you have about the course!

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:
Graduate Ambassador

Thank you so much! Very useful information 😊

Quick Reply