The Student Room Group

Cheap selfie tripod with ring light for vlogs etc?

Can you recommend any for under a tenner? i've seen loads of cheaper ones on amazon and ebay but don't know which are decent for desktop use. I want to use it for taking nice full-body photos and vlogs. Can yu take full body shots with a ring light that is made for a small desktop tripod?
Original post by Anonymous
Can you recommend any for under a tenner? i've seen loads of cheaper ones on amazon and ebay but don't know which are decent for desktop use. I want to use it for taking nice full-body photos and vlogs. Can yu take full body shots with a ring light that is made for a small desktop tripod?

Because of the inverse square law the light level will fall off very quickly as you move away from the source (if you double the distance the light level drops by two stops - four times less powerful) so you may struggle to get full body shots with a ring light. If you have a decent camera and a well lit room you might be able to get away without a ring light in the first place.
Reply 2
Original post by jetlagged
Because of the inverse square law the light level will fall off very quickly as you move away from the source (if you double the distance the light level drops by two stops - four times less powerful) so you may struggle to get full body shots with a ring light. If you have a decent camera and a well lit room you might be able to get away without a ring light in the first place.

Ah thanks so much for this ! Didn’t know that
Original post by Anonymous
Ah thanks so much for this ! Didn’t know that

How did you get on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending