Bazookaboobs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am on the PGCE course at a uni that loves essays (yay, lol) - how do I pull out a 70 plus for my first assignment. Due at the end of this month, started research today, reckon I could read/analyse/link a good 50 sources. Planning on writing a week before it's due (it's 3000 words) and then spending a couple days fixing it.

We start placement in a week too.

Any tips for a really good easy?
Last edited by Bazookaboobs; 2 weeks ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bazookaboobs)
I am on the PGCE course at a uni that loves essays (yay, lol) - how do I pull out a 70 plus for my first assignment. Due at the end of this month, started research today, reckon I could read/analyse/link a good 50 sources. Planning on writing a week before it's due (it's 3000 words) and then spending a couple days fixing it.

We start placement in a week too.

Any tips for a really good easy?
You don't need 50 sources for a 3000 word essay- around one per 100 words is a good rule of thumb, but you can get away with less. Quality > quantity.

Firstly, I would say don't obsess about getting a distinction- it's of no real benefit to you unless you plan to do a masters in education somewhere down the line.

However, as someone who got a distinction, I think the key things are to have a strong argument/point of view in your essay, which you stick to throughout, and to make sure you're expressing your points clearly and coherently. Obviously make sure your points are backed by the research, and make sure you are clearly answering the brief of the essay/assignment.

I got a distinction for my PGCE, and I honestly wouldn't say my essays were "really good"- but I did plan them and stick to the plan, rather than writing, and trying to find research to back me up as I went along- I think that's a mistake a lot of people make.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed