Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The aims of tort law are to reimburse the victims of misconduct or wrongs and discourage that misconduct.’
Critically discuss if, and how, the tort of trespass achieves the above aims. Ensure you use case law to illustrate your points.

Can anyone help ?
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The aims of tort law are to reimburse the victims of misconduct or wrongs and discourage that misconduct.’
Critically discuss if, and how, the tort of trespass achieves the above aims. Ensure you use case law to illustrate your points.

Can anyone help ?
Hi Anonymous

As a student ambassador for The University of Law, I can't give you the answer but I can recommend the following:

Explain the terms from the question in your introduction (the two aims).

Then look at how aim one (reimbursement of victims) is illustrated in case law.

Then look at how aim two (misconduct discouragement) is illustrated in case law.

Then contrast this with cases that work against those aims.

Compare this to the other aims of tort- bringing in any cases that you feel illustrate those aims.

Explain whether you agree with the statement or not- giving your reasons why.

Conclude.

Also, the library at ULaw are running an essay writing skills session on Friday 22 October 2021- it's free to ULaw students and might really help in tackling these sorts of questions. (You can book on through Elite.)

Other students on your course might be able to direct you to cases that you have been exploring that will help specifically but I hope that helps get you started.

Best of Luck with it!
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students;95997151n)
Hi Anonymous

As a student ambassador for The University of Law, I can't give you the answer but I can recommend the following:

Explain the terms from the question in your introduction (the two aims).

Then look at how aim one (reimbursement of victims) is illustrated in case law.

Then look at how aim two (misconduct discouragement) is illustrated in case law.

Then contrast this with cases that work against those aims.

Compare this to the other aims of tort- bringing in any cases that you feel illustrate those aims.

Explain whether you agree with the statement or not- giving your reasons why.

Conclude.

Also, the library at ULaw are running an essay writing skills session on Friday 22 October 2021- it's free to ULaw students and might really help in tackling these sorts of questions. (You can book on through Elite.)

Other students on your course might be able to direct you to cases that you have been exploring that will help specifically but I hope that helps get you started.

Best of Luck with it!
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
I’m trying to find a case that relates to the situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
12.98%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.43%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.85%

Watched Threads