dying curly hair blonde

Watch
sunny225
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have light brown curly hair that's maybe a mix of 2c to 3a and would love to dye it blonde. However ik that bleach can damage curly hair and dying it professionally can get really expensive. Does anyone with curly hair have experience dying it blonde and if so did it go ok? Also does anyone have any tips for maintaining dyed curly blonde hair and keeping it healthy? Thanks!
LOYNDOMSRISS
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Never bleached mine, went straight to black. It can be expensive but getting it done by a professional is definitely the best, they may be able to give u good tips on how to look after ur hair, it’s always worth talking about it first!
I have really thick hair that had a natural coarse/dry texture already, I’ve found that dye has made it a lot dryer and it takes more time to look after. Basically dye breaks the individual hairs to get the colour into the hair shaft, so it will change ur hair. Make sure yk how to look after it depending on ur hair type! I recommend using really hydrating conditioner or conditioner for damaged hair, it helps to stop it breaking. Also coconut oil is great for hydrating hair (Important as dyed hair is more brittle) also it’s better to use a comb (I use Kent combs) instead of something more like a tangle teezer, it’s more gentle on the hair and u can buy combs specifically for ur hair type.
Hope tht helps and makes some sense lol
sunny225
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by LOYNDOMSRISS)
Never bleached mine, went straight to black. It can be expensive but getting it done by a professional is definitely the best, they may be able to give u good tips on how to look after ur hair, it’s always worth talking about it first!
I have really thick hair that had a natural coarse/dry texture already, I’ve found that dye has made it a lot dryer and it takes more time to look after. Basically dye breaks the individual hairs to get the colour into the hair shaft, so it will change ur hair. Make sure yk how to look after it depending on ur hair type! I recommend using really hydrating conditioner or conditioner for damaged hair, it helps to stop it breaking. Also coconut oil is great for hydrating hair (Important as dyed hair is more brittle) also it’s better to use a comb (I use Kent combs) instead of something more like a tangle teezer, it’s more gentle on the hair and u can buy combs specifically for ur hair type.
Hope tht helps and makes some sense lol
Thanks for the reply and the advice! - I think if i were to dye it I would definitely get it done professionally
LOYNDOMSRISS
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by sunny225)
Thanks for the reply and the advice! - I think if i were to dye it I would definitely get it done professionally
Np (:
vnesswa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I've got curly hair (2c/3a too) and I've bleached it like 4 times. It's fine as long as long as you take care of it properly afterwards. Be ready to buy 1000 conditioner bottles lol
sunny225
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by vnesswa)
I've got curly hair (2c/3a too) and I've bleached it like 4 times. It's fine as long as long as you take care of it properly afterwards. Be ready to buy 1000 conditioner bottles lol
Oh ok thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads