Anyone got any old GCE Maths papers?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
John Perry
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of the 1967 vintage if at all
possible, or if not as old as possible.

If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at least
10 years old.

Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the papers
are easier, and I'd like to check.

Thanks
--
[email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Rachel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-(

O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they were
introduced.

HTH Rach

"John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]| I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of the 1967 vintage if at all[/q1]
[q1]| possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at[/q1]
[q1]| least 10 years old.[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q1]
[q1]| papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| Thanks[/q1]
[q1]| --[/q1]
[q1]| [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q1]
John Perry
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Rachel" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they were[/q1]
[q1]>introduced.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>HTH Rach[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Thanks, So did you get the pentagon question right, or did I get it right a few posts up?

[q1]>"John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]>news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q1]>| I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of the 1967 vintage if at all[/q1]
[q1]>| possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q1]
[q1]>|[/q1]
[q1]>| If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at[/q1]
[q1]>| least 10 years old.[/q1]
[q1]>|[/q1]
[q1]>| Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q1]
[q1]>| papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q1]
[q1]>|[/q1]
[q1]>| Thanks[/q1]
--
[email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Rachel wrote:

[q1]> Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they were[/q1]
[q1]> introduced.[/q1]

GCSEs have less subject material than O levels so there is less to learn. Have a look at an O level
textbook and notice what isn't on the GCSE sylabus.

The style of exam questions has also become more user friendly. For example if a question has four
parts and 20 marks in total the O level paper will say 20 marks at the bottom of the question
whereas the GCSE paper would list the marks for each of the four parts. For example (a) 5 marks (b)
3 marks (c) 10 marks (d) 2 marks.

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> HTH Rach[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q1]> | I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of the 1967 vintage if at all[/q1]
[q1]> | possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at[/q1]
[q1]> | least 10 years old.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q1]
[q1]> | papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | Thanks[/q1]
[q1]> | --[/q1]
[q1]> | [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q1]
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Rachel wrote:

[q1]> Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they were[/q1]
[q1]> introduced.[/q1]

Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not
allowed to use calculators and that they had to learn how to use mathematical tables of trig
functions, logarithms and square roots. O level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use
tables properly.

Kids today get things too easy.

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> HTH Rach[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> | I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of the 1967 vintage if at all[/q1]
[q1]> | possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at[/q1]
[q1]> | least 10 years old.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q1]
[q1]> | papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | Thanks[/q1]
[q1]> | --[/q1]
[q1]> | [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q1]
Eva
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"The Technical Manager" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> Rachel wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> > Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten[/q2]
easier
[q2]> > from the year they were introduced.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not allowed[/q1]
[q1]> to use calculators and that they had to learn[/q1]
how
[q1]> to use mathematical tables of trig functions, logarithms and square roots.[/q1]
O
[q1]> level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use tables properly.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Kids today get things too easy.[/q1]

Whatever(!).. more "kids" today carry on to do AS/A-Level, and on to uni! Eva
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > HTH Rach[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > "John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q2]
[q2]> > news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q2]> > | I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of[/q2]
the
[q2]> > | 1967 vintage if at all possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > | If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers at[/q2]
[q2]> > | least 10 years old.[/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > | Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q2]
[q2]> > | papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > | Thanks[/q2]
[q2]> > | --[/q2]
[q2]> > | [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q2]
Zeba
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:14:54 +0100, The Technical Manager <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Rachel wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]>> Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they[/q2]
[q2]>> were introduced.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not allowed[/q1]
[q1]>to use calculators and that they had to learn how to use mathematical tables of trig functions,[/q1]
[q1]>logarithms and square roots. O level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use tables[/q1]
[q1]>properly.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Kids today get things too easy.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

You may be interested in the article below:
http://education.guardian.co.uk/gcse...576457,00.html

These days most people studying at GCSE level are taking more GCSEs than in the past. Despite the
fact that people criticize them as getting easier in the majority of cases this is far from the
truth. It would be interesting to see how many GCSEs these critics could pass today. Above
everything else it is unfair to say that young people are getting it too easy these days after all
they work hard in order too gain good grades and the last thing they need is someone telling them
that GCSEs are too easy.
Neil Monk
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Kids" get it easy then do they? Ok, so what about people who have to do like 5 exams in a day and
stuff like that, easy hu? Like to see how you'd go on.
--
Neil - "A guy in the right frame of mind can turn a blip around" - Naseem Hamed
(2002)- web: http://www.monkeysnet.co.uk Official alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones FAQ:
http://www.monkeysnet.co.uk/faq/faq.html email: [email protected] text's:
[email protected] msn: NMonk_uk
icq: 61568266 "EVa" <[email protected] > wrote in message
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "The Technical Manager" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
<snip>
> Kids today get things too easy.
> >
>>Whatever(!).. more "kids" today carry on to do AS/A-Level, and on to uni!
> >Eva
> >
>
Eva
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Zeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:14:54 +0100, The Technical Manager <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >Rachel wrote:[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >> Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten[/q2]
easier
[q2]> >> from the year they were introduced.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not[/q2]
[q2]> >allowed to use calculators and that they had to learn[/q2]
how
[q2]> >to use mathematical tables of trig functions, logarithms and square[/q2]
roots. O
[q2]> >level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use tables properly.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >Kids today get things too easy.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> You may be interested in the article below:[/q1]
[q1]> http://education.guardian.co.uk/gcse...576457,00.html[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> These days most people studying at GCSE level are taking more GCSEs than in the past. Despite the[/q1]
[q1]> fact that people criticize them as getting easier in the majority of cases this is far from the[/q1]
[q1]> truth. It would be interesting to see how many GCSEs these critics could pass today. Above[/q1]
[q1]> everything else it is unfair to say that young people are getting it too easy these days after all[/q1]
[q1]> they work hard in order too gain good grades and the last thing they need is someone telling them[/q1]
[q1]> that GCSEs are too easy.[/q1]

Yeah, I'll second that... my aim is 1 A & the rest Bs... dont sound too hard? I'm doing 10 GCSEs..
Believe me 9 Bs are a hard target!!!!
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
EVa wrote:

[q1]> "The Technical Manager" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q2]> > Rachel wrote:[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q3]> > > Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten[/q3]
[q1]> easier[/q1]
[q3]> > > from the year they were introduced.[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not[/q2]
[q2]> > allowed to use calculators and that they had to learn[/q2]
[q1]> how[/q1]
[q2]> > to use mathematical tables of trig functions, logarithms and square roots.[/q2]
[q1]> O[/q1]
[q2]> > level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use tables properly.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Kids today get things too easy.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Whatever(!).. more "kids" today carry on to do AS/A-Level, and on to uni! Eva[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]

AS/A levels in what ? Maths or easy targets like media studies and sociology ? The number of
students taking science subjects decreases year upon year.

[q1]>[/q1]

[q1]>[/q1]

[q1]>[/q1]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > HTH Rach[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > "John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q3]
[q3]> > > news:[email protected]...[/q3]
[q3]> > > | I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers, of[/q3]
[q1]> the[/q1]
[q3]> > > | 1967 vintage if at all possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q3]
[q3]> > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > | If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me. Ideally I'm looking for papers[/q3]
[q3]> > > | at least 10 years old.[/q3]
[q3]> > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > | Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next year and I'm convinced the[/q3]
[q3]> > > | papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q3]
[q3]> > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > | Thanks[/q3]
[q3]> > > | --[/q3]
[q3]> > > | [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q3]
Rachel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| Kids today get things too easy.[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]

We get things too easy? It is FAR harder to get a job nowadays than in the past. Employers demand
good grades at GCSE. I believe the system before the Reform was much more ambiguous, and employers
didn't have much to go on. Most of us are expected to go on to college and hopefully university.
Hardly anyone went to college before the Reform. We are pushed much harder. You need to see it from
our point of view, stand in our shoes, before you make assumptions like these.
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Zeba wrote:

[q1]> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:14:54 +0100, The Technical Manager <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >> Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan. :-([/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they[/q2]
[q2]> >> were introduced.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not[/q2]
[q2]> >allowed to use calculators and that they had to learn how to use mathematical tables of trig[/q2]
[q2]> >functions, logarithms and square roots. O level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use[/q2]
[q2]> >tables properly.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> These days most people studying at GCSE level are taking more GCSEs than in the past.[/q1]

Why ? Are employers really that concerned about having a vast number of subjects. I work in
electronics and most managers prefer applicants to have high grades rather than a large number of
subjects with English language and maths being paramount. They would rather take someone with 5
GCSEs all As and Bs than someone with 10 GCSEs all Cs and Ds. The truth is that really most people
can get by with just four GCSEs. English Language, maths, and two other subjects more or less
related to their proposed field of employment.

IMO GCSE students should kick this habit of trying to get as many GCSEs as they can and channel
their time and effort into getting better grades at more important subjects. I would say that 8
GCSEs are the most anyone should take unless they take exams for a subject a year early. I myself
have a degree in electronic engineering yet I only have seven GCSEs all grades A and B.

[q1]> Despite the fact that people criticize them as getting easier in the majority of cases this is far[/q1]
[q1]> from the truth. It would be interesting to see how many GCSEs these critics could pass today.[/q1]
[q1]> Above everything else it is unfair to say that young people are getting it too easy these days[/q1]
[q1]> after all they work hard in order too gain good grades and the last thing they need is someone[/q1]
[q1]> telling them that GCSEs are too easy.[/q1]

But they have been trivialised over the past 15 years or so. Especially science and maths. Just
compare textbooks and see what subject material has been cut out.
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Zeba wrote:

[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >> O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten easier from the year they[/q2]
[q2]> >> were introduced.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >allowed to use calculators and that they had to learn how to use mathematical tables of trig[/q2]
[q2]> >functions, logarithms and square roots. O level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use[/q2]
[q2]> >tables properly.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> These days most people studying at GCSE level are taking more GCSEs than in the past. Despite the[/q1]
[q1]> fact that people criticize them as getting easier in the majority of cases this is far from the[/q1]
[q1]> truth. It would be interesting to see how many GCSEs these critics could pass today. Above[/q1]
[q1]> everything else it is unfair to say that young people are getting it too easy these days after all[/q1]
[q1]> they work hard in order too gain good grades and the last thing they need is someone telling them[/q1]
[q1]> that GCSEs are too easy.[/q1]

Also take into account that double GCSE science is easier and contains far less material than the O
level chemistry, physics and biology course although only a small proportion of students took all
three sciences to O level. Take my word for
it: Those science O levels were difficult stuff.

Maths GCSE is a joke. Especially intermediate level which is not much more difficult or contain more
subject material than the 11 plus maths exam and far simpler than the CSE which it replaced. Its a
load of rubbish that todays exams are easier than the 1989 GCSE.
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Rachel wrote:

[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | Kids today get things too easy.[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> We get things too easy? It is FAR harder to get a job nowadays than in the past.[/q1]

Because of the changed job market.

[q1]> Employers demand good grades at GCSE.[/q1]

In the appropriate subjects. Thankfully it is easier to get high grades today than in the past no
matter how trivial employers think the exams are.

As I stated earlier its quality of GCSEs that matters, not quantity. Make sure you get good grades
in English language and maths and take both subjects to higher level. Poor grades in these subjects
are almost impossible to patch over by any means.

[q1]> I believe the system before the Reform was much more ambiguous, and employers didn't have much to[/q1]
[q1]> go on. Most of us are expected to go on to college and hopefully university.[/q1]

Not necessarily. There are always plenty of vocational and short courses to take. In todays world
employers are looking more at work experience and practical training as opposed to a theoretical
academic education. IMO A levels are only useful for getting into university with and its only
really worth doing a degree in subjects that lead to professional careers such as law, medicine,
engineering, accountancy, pharmacology etc. If you don't want a professional career then short
vocational courses are probably the best route to go.

[q1]> Hardly anyone went to college before the Reform.[/q1]

More people go to college today but do they take courses that lead to quality jobs or do they take
"easy" subjects because they think it will improve their chances in the job market ? I strongly
suspect that too many students in higher education are studying dubious subjects and getting paper
qualifications at the end which are not what employers are looking for when it comes to decide which
candidate is awarded the job.

[q1]> We are pushed much harder. You need to see it from our point of view, stand in our shoes, before[/q1]
[q1]> you make assumptions like these.[/q1]

I work in electronics. I have GCSEs, A Levels (in physics, maths and chemistry) and a degree in
electronic engineering. I had to go through all of that because I wanted a career in electronics.
Rachel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]| AS/A levels in what ? Maths or easy targets like media studies and[/q1]
sociology ?
[q1]| The number of students taking science subjects decreases year upon year.[/q1]

AS/A2 levels in a range of subjects. There are far more university graduates today than a couple of
decades ago. Don't you think that's a step forward?

If you have a problem with the exams being too easy, tell the exam boards, not us. What I would like
to know is how you know they are so easy? Do you see the papers? Where do you get this evidence?

The exams we are taking right now are hard - except for Maths IMO. You should have seen the
Chemistry paper (triple award science).

I for one won't listen to a critic who hasn't even seen recent exam papers - how *could* they know
what we were talking about? I don't know if you have - have you?
Eva
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"The Technical Manager" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> EVa wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> > "The Technical Manager" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q2]
[q2]> > news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q3]> > > Rachel wrote:[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > Yes they are easier, unfortunately I don't have anything to scan.[/q3]
[q1]:-([/q1]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > O levels are actually 3/4 as hard as GCSE's, and GCSE's have gotten[/q3]
[q2]> > easier[/q2]
[q3]> > > > from the year they were introduced.[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Also bear in mind that until about 1978/9 depending on the exam board, candidates were not[/q3]
[q3]> > > allowed to use calculators and that they had to[/q3]
learn
[q2]> > how[/q2]
[q3]> > > to use mathematical tables of trig functions, logarithms and square[/q3]
roots.
[q2]> > O[/q2]
[q3]> > > level maths books until the early 80s showed how to use tables[/q3]
properly.
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Kids today get things too easy.[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Whatever(!).. more "kids" today carry on to do AS/A-Level, and on to[/q2]
uni!
[q2]> > Eva[/q2]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> AS/A levels in what ? Maths or easy targets like media studies and[/q1]
sociology ?
[q1]> The number of students taking science subjects decreases year upon year.[/q1]

I'm doing- French, Maths, Polics, Physcology and Gen Studies... are they easy?? EVa
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > HTH Rach[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > "John Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q3]
[q3]> > > > news:[email protected]...[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | I'l looking for a sample of some old GCE (or GCSE) Maths papers,[/q3]
of
[q2]> > the[/q2]
[q3]> > > > | 1967 vintage if at all possible, or if not as old as possible.[/q3]
[q3]> > > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | If anyone has any, could they scan them and send them to me.[/q3]
Ideally
[q3]> > > > | I'm looking for papers at least 10 years old.[/q3]
[q3]> > > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | Reason for this request is my older lad is sitting his GCSEs next[/q3]
year
[q3]> > > > | and I'm convinced the papers are easier, and I'd like to check.[/q3]
[q3]> > > > |[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | Thanks[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | --[/q3]
[q3]> > > > | [email protected] (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk[/q3]
[q1]>[/q1]
Eva
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Rachel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> | AS/A levels in what ? Maths or easy targets like media studies and[/q1]
[q1]> sociology ?[/q1]
[q1]> | The number of students taking science subjects decreases year upon year.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> AS/A2 levels in a range of subjects. There are far more university graduates today than a couple[/q1]
[q1]> of decades[/q1]
ago.
[q1]> Don't you think that's a step forward?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> If you have a problem with the exams being too easy, tell the exam boards, not us. What I would[/q1]
[q1]> like to know is how you know they are so easy? Do you see the papers? Where do you get this[/q1]
[q1]> evidence?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> The exams we are taking right now are hard - except for Maths IMO. You should have seen the[/q1]
[q1]> Chemistry paper (triple award science).[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I for one won't listen to a critic who hasn't even seen recent exam[/q1]
papers -
[q1]> how *could* they know what we were talking about? I don't know if you[/q1]
have -
[q1]> have you?[/q1]

I agree!!!, Also the marking critiria is alot more strict now! EVa
Neil Monk
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
you go girl!
--
Neil - "A guy in the right frame of mind can turn a blip around" - Naseem Hamed
(2002)- web: http://www.monkeysnet.co.uk Official alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones FAQ:
http://www.monkeysnet.co.uk/faq/faq.html email: [email protected] text's:
[email protected] msn: NMonk_uk
icq: 61568266 "Rachel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> sociology ?[/q1]
[q1]> | The number of students taking science subjects decreases year upon year.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> AS/A2 levels in a range of subjects. There are far more university graduates today than a couple[/q1]
[q1]> of decades[/q1]
ago.
[q1]> Don't you think that's a step forward?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> If you have a problem with the exams being too easy, tell the exam boards, not us. What I would[/q1]
[q1]> like to know is how you know they are so easy? Do you see the papers? Where do you get this[/q1]
[q1]> evidence?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> The exams we are taking right now are hard - except for Maths IMO. You should have seen the[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I for one won't listen to a critic who hasn't even seen recent exam[/q1]
papers -
[q1]> how *could* they know what we were talking about? I don't know if you[/q1]
have -
[q1]> have you?[/q1]
Rachel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
And I'm doing French, Chemistry, Biology, and Psychology.
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Rachel wrote:

[q1]> sociology ?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> of decades ago. Don't you think that's a step forward?[/q1]

[q1]> evidence?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

That is one of the harder subjects I will admit.

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I for one won't listen to a critic who hasn't even seen recent exam papers - how *could* they know[/q1]
[q1]> what we were talking about? I don't know if you have - have you?[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.92%
No (524)
66.08%

Watched Threads