loralight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My situation is that I got alright GCSE' in the 2020 cycle but they were based off mocks , I had extenuating circumstances and was extremely unwell while taking them , but they are also considered high due to my area but not as good as what they should be I was waiting for the real ones to redeem myself but they never happened , as well as that you can clearly see my true potential through a-levels , where I have possibly 2-3A* in subjects which at GCSE were not A*, I am so passionate about medicine , the subject drives me to working hard everyday , where do you think I should go with oxbridge , I still want to try .
Last edited by loralight; 1 week ago
lunariumxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Many apply to medicine , many of us were unwell during mocks too but i don't think they consider that as a 'extenuating circumstance' tbh or else anyone could easily say they were off sick and couldn't get all 9s. If your concern is GCSES then don't apply to oxford cause they are very gcse heavy and do Cambridge. Also medicine is about getting into med school at the end of the day everyone gets the same degree if your passion is medicine itself and just want to be a doctor then loosing hair over oxbridge is not worth it especially when you aren't sure if you should apply so close to the deadline..... but if you want oxbridge so badly then do the BMAT. Its not very possible for someone here to say yes you have potential go for it and done, you have to remember everyone has the same grades but oxbridge look for passion and enthusiasm not just through words and after the interview they take off many people so be considerate and think if you are okay with it good luck
loralight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lunariumxo)
Many apply to medicine , many of us were unwell during mocks too but i don't think they consider that as a 'extenuating circumstance' tbh or else anyone could easily say they were off sick and couldn't get all 9s. If your concern is GCSES then don't apply to oxford cause they are very gcse heavy and do Cambridge. Also medicine is about getting into med school at the end of the day everyone gets the same degree if your passion is medicine itself and just want to be a doctor then loosing hair over oxbridge is not worth it especially when you aren't sure if you should apply so close to the deadline..... but if you want oxbridge so badly then do the BMAT. Its not very possible for someone here to say yes you have potential go for it and done, you have to remember everyone has the same grades but oxbridge look for passion and enthusiasm not just through words and after the interview they take off many people so be considerate and think if you are okay with it good luck
your right I love the subject and if I just wanted to try for the experience I could always choose one , I guess we all end up in the same place after uni thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads