The Student Room Group

What is the lowest LNAT score UCL, LSE and KCL have been known to accept?

Hi ya,

Just wondering if anyone knew about this. I know that UCL has said the average of a successful candidate was 27, but does anyone know more about the range (e.g. would they consider you at 24-25).

For some unknown reason my LNAT scores can range literally anything between 19 and 33 and I genuinely have no idea how it can vary that much so I’m a bit anxious with what to expect (sitting it on Monday).

Any help would be great,

C x
All unis accept a huge range of lnat scores. Depending on everything else, you could get a place at any UK uni with an unbelievably low score (I mean below 20), while you might struggle to get an offer from the top four even with a score above 27. None will reject you just because of a score of 24. Of course the higher score the better, but don't think about it too much. With 26 lnat I got offers from UCL and from lse, but no offer from KCL!
Original post by Anonymous
All unis accept a huge range of lnat scores. Depending on everything else, you could get a place at any UK uni with an unbelievably low score (I mean below 20), while you might struggle to get an offer from the top four even with a score above 27. None will reject you just because of a score of 24. Of course the higher score the better, but don't think about it too much. With 26 lnat I got offers from UCL and from lse, but no offer from KCL!

Oh really! In my head Kings would be the most lenient because its ranked slightly lower than the other two. Congrats on your offers though!

I read somewhere that LSE places a weird amount of emphasis on your personal statement, do you know whether this is true or not?
Original post by charliecon2004
Oh really! In my head Kings would be the most lenient because its ranked slightly lower than the other two. Congrats on your offers though!

I read somewhere that LSE places a weird amount of emphasis on your personal statement, do you know whether this is true or not?

Yes, I was also surprised about KCL, no way they are more competitive than UCL or LSE, but it goes to show how random it is.
I don't think anyone really knows whether one university gives more attention to the personal statement, but my experience was that LSE DID give it more attention than the others: they actually came back to me about something in it that none of the other unis picked up on, so, in my personal experience I would say that they do pay a lot of attention.
I finally chose UCL, but for a personal reason, and because student satisfaction at LSE seemed lower. Frankly, I think there are too many other variables to be able to choose between them in general, either would be a great choice.
Original post by Alwayshussling
Yes, I was also surprised about KCL, no way they are more competitive than UCL or LSE, but it goes to show how random it is.
I don't think anyone really knows whether one university gives more attention to the personal statement, but my experience was that LSE DID give it more attention than the others: they actually came back to me about something in it that none of the other unis picked up on, so, in my personal experience I would say that they do pay a lot of attention.
I finally chose UCL, but for a personal reason, and because student satisfaction at LSE seemed lower. Frankly, I think there are too many other variables to be able to choose between them in general, either would be a great choice.

Yeah I agree. I think I'll go for UCL and Kings because I've heard that LSE can be really cliquey too.
I know little about LSE, but they have an impressive reputation, especially internationally, and especially if you want a more financial career. If one can handle the heat of extremely competitive fellow students (some thrive under this pressure), seems like a good place to go.
Original post by Anonymous

Was the rejection from KCL due to your LNAT score?
Does anyone know which of UCL and Durham are more lenient with LNAT?

They ask for 28 and 29 respectively, but as the LNAT is definitely going to be the weakest part of my application, if either has a reputation for accepting lower offers that would be great!!

I chose Durham on my UCAS, but still have 7 days to switch it to UCL if need be.

I saw that Durham had a much higher representation in Magic Circle firms in comparison to UCL, that's why I went for it - surprising though as their ranking is dwarfed by UCLs.
What was the reason behind KCL rejecting you, was it because of the LNAT?

Quick Reply