The Student Room Group

which unis look at GCSEs heavily for medicine?

hi all
I was wondering which unis place a high emphasis on GCSEs
my ucat score was high as well but just in case its not as competitive as others...
(edited 2 years ago)
GCSEs?
Look at the uni pages, they commonly say how they decide applicants such as, 20% Ucat , 40% Gcse 40% predicted grades
What is your exact UCAT score?
Oxford and Leeds (BMAT) are known for being GCSE heavy. As for UCAT universities Cardiff, Liverpool, Birmingham and QuB tends to be more GCSE heavy.
Original post by hungrysalamander
What is your exact UCAT score?
Oxford and Leeds (BMAT) are known for being GCSE heavy. As for UCAT universities Cardiff, Liverpool, Birmingham and QuB tends to be more GCSE heavy.

thank you, much appreciated
2940 band 1
do you think this is enough for Bristol, kcl, Edinburgh and Southampton??? may change one...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sarahmichelle123
2940 band 1

do you think this is enough for kcl, Bristol Edinburgh and Southampton???
2940 band 1
do you think this is enough for Bristol, kcl, Edinburgh and Southampton??? may change one...

Yeah 2940 is an excellent score which is good enough for any medical school. What are your GCSE's and A-level predicitons like?
Yeah 2940 is an excellent score which is good enough for any medical school. What are your GCSE's and A-level predicitons like?

thanks a million :smile:
not sure about my predictions, but all a*s at gcse
now the question is to bmat or not to bmat haha

what about you
thanks a million :smile:
not sure about my predictions, but all a*s at gcse
now the question is to bmat or not to bmat haha

what about you

You only have to take the BMAT if you have a BMAT university that you want to go to. Tbh with your stats you could probably apply anywhere you like.
I’m a first year dental student lol.
You only have to take the BMAT if you have a BMAT university that you want to go to. Tbh with your stats you could probably apply anywhere you like.
I’m a first year dental student lol.

ah awesome!
thank you so much, I really appreciate it :smile:
hi all
I was wondering which unis place a high emphasis on GCSEs
my ucat score was high as well but just in case its not as competitive as others...

If ur considering BMAT i would stay away from unis like Leeds and Oxford, they're very GCSE heavy unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending