TitusT
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I am thinking of applying to Cardiff to study medicine but spoke with a student who is there at the moment and she said that a certain percentage of students HAVE to fail the exams no matter what score they get. She said it makes the course very stressful. I cannot find any info about this anywhere. I'm sure she is right but maybe I'm lacking some context so if anyone can shed some light, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
TitusT
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I am considering Cardiff uni as one of my choices for medicine. I recently spoke to a student who is there at the moment who told me that a certain percentage of students automatically fail exams, no matter what. She said it makes the course even more stressful. I cannot find any information about this anywhere and, whilst I do not doubt what she says, I think I might be lacking some context. Can anyone shed some light on to this for me? Much appreciated.
sumzibadman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TitusT)
Hi. I am considering Cardiff uni as one of my choices for medicine. I recently spoke to a student who is there at the moment who told me that a certain percentage of students automatically fail exams, no matter what. She said it makes the course even more stressful. I cannot find any information about this anywhere and, whilst I do not doubt what she says, I think I might be lacking some context. Can anyone shed some light on to this for me? Much appreciated.
Doesn't really make sense for them to automatically fail their exams- maybe they just didn't turn up? Don't believe everything that you hear
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, check out this thread they might be able to help!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7035436
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by TitusT)
Most med schools set pass marks based on the cohort sitting the exam, so a certain percentage will fail, as they will be in the bottom X%. This is the same pretty much everywhere, I think
TitusT
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thank you for replies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.43%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.57%
I'm a bit unsure (61)
17.43%
I'm finding things difficult (119)
34%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.57%

Watched Threads