Contacting mentor for reference?

Watch
DS76
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I done an internship 5 years ago at a company, and I have the emails of the two mentors I worked with.

I don't think the company accepts references, but I was going to contact them anyway just to ask.

I have one other strong reference which I was going to use.

However the two other references including this company and another company is quite weak.

Should I email one of the mentors, or ask them both separately on a different email, whether they could write me a reference?

Do you have any advice?

Im just personally worried that I wont be accepted for a job. I did work at all 3 companies, but I'm just don't know what to do

Thanks
Last edited by DS76; 2 weeks ago
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If this is for something like "proof that you worked there" then I am sure a payslip would suffice.

If you need references, there should be no harm in asking the individuals, unless you are aware of a specific company policy which prevents its staff from giving references.

If for whatever reason you cannot get a reference from them but still need one, ask a teacher/ lecturer for one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (252)
57.53%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.24%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.68%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed