Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I started uni on the 27th and a couple of my friends from sixth form came to the same uni as me. But now they have their own friends and I thought I made one friend but she doesn’t really like me and when I’m speaking to her she plays music or she starts texting our mutual friend. I feel like I’m all alone and everyone has friends. I’ve never felt so sad and alone. What should I do? What can I do?
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Find new friends
Join societies and talk to your actual course / seminar people before and after sessions
Arrange things with flatmates if you have them
aliaa03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi

i’m sorry you’re feeling like that. uni can be a really lonely time for some people, but i PROMISE it won’t last very long!!!!!!

my biggest advice would be screw your friends, don’t rely on them for company or happiness. Go join a new society, something completely random that you’d never do but sounds fun to you. You’ll make so many new friends whilst doing something you enjoy. You can make friends anywhere on campus, you just have to be brave enough to say hi
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Find new friends
Join societies and talk to your actual course / seminar people before and after sessions
Arrange things with flatmates if you have them
Thank you but I live at home and I’ve joined some societies but they don’t give us the meeting dates or times.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aliaa03)
hi

i’m sorry you’re feeling like that. uni can be a really lonely time for some people, but i PROMISE it won’t last very long!!!!!!

my biggest advice would be screw your friends, don’t rely on them for company or happiness. Go join a new society, something completely random that you’d never do but sounds fun to you. You’ll make so many new friends whilst doing something you enjoy. You can make friends anywhere on campus, you just have to be brave enough to say hi
Thank you for your advice. I guess I’m going to have to pluck up some courage.
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you but I live at home and I’ve joined some societies but they don’t give us the meeting dates or times.
Do you follow the society's social media pages ? They will usually have updates there
I'm sure the student union will also have weekly activities going on as well
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Do you follow the society's social media pages ? They will usually have updates there
I'm sure the student union will also have weekly activities going on as well
The social media pages have what they did from last year. I think I’ll just go to the student union and ask for dates and times. I’ll check if they have weekly activities too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads