roxy112221
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heya , so I am currently in year 12 and am looking at unis and I was wondering if people have any good universities that are known for their Business degree in the UK that they recommend ?
Thanks
aliaa03
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi

I would without a doubt recommend Surrey as they have a FANTASTIC placement year that gives you a year of work experience in the business field which gives you a great advantage when applying for graduate jobs. They’re a very scouted uni by employers as their business students have great industry experience!

(ps i don’t go to surrey so this isn’t bias, just heard great things about it 🤣)
roxy112221
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by aliaa03)
Hi

I would without a doubt recommend Surrey as they have a FANTASTIC placement year that gives you a year of work experience in the business field which gives you a great advantage when applying for graduate jobs. They’re a very scouted uni by employers as their business students have great industry experience!

(ps i don’t go to surrey so this isn’t bias, just heard great things about it 🤣)
Heya,
Thnx so much xxx
I will deffo have a look
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by roxy112221)
Heya , so I am currently in year 12 and am looking at unis and I was wondering if people have any good universities that are known for their Business degree in the UK that they recommend ?
Thanks
Hi there,

To introduce myself – I’m Joao. I am in my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University while working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

At Surrey Business School, we’re renowned for our excellent research, dynamic learning environment, and strong links with industry. Our core BSc (Hons) Business Management course offers a wide choice of optional modules and gives you the opportunity to explore how organizations of all sizes start, run and thrive. As a Surrey Business School student, you’ll also get hands-on experience with real businesses, and gain entrepreneurial and life skills that will allow you to accelerate your innovative thinking into practice, opening up a wide range of career opportunities.

Your first year of study will focus on learning the foundations of effective business management, with modules that provide you with a strong base of knowledge in the essentials of the subject. From there, your further two years of study offer a wide selection of optional modules based on a variety of topics, including business, entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, project management, and information systems. As a BSc (Hons) Business Management student at Surrey, you’ll also be able to take advantage of our close links with national and international businesses of all sizes and across all sectors through an optional Professional Training placement.

Finally, the campus is lovely. Surrey is known to emphasize the social life of students and always care about how you spend your free time at university. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests students have and clubs for all kinds of sport that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organize one of the biggest covid-safe university events in the country!

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, please ask as I can help you out!

Joao
Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (16)
6.96%
October 2021 (112)
48.7%
November 2021 (23)
10%
December 2021 (31)
13.48%
January 2021 (20)
8.7%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.57%