The Student Room Group

TSR Quiz of the Week #33! (9 October 2021)

It's time for Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the thirty-third instalment of the Quiz of the Week series! I will be testing your knowledge of news stories from this week. Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! There is no need to prove your score for this, as the quiz asks for your TSR username and I can see all responses. Filling in a valid TSR username is a requirement for being placed on the scoreboard. Please feel free to comment your scores below as that will help me verify users' scores more easily!

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. The person scoring the most points receiving a tasty prize of 100 rep thanks to the Community Staff!

Happy quizzing!
(edited 2 years ago)
Tagging :biggrin:

Spoiler

7/10! Suprisingly good given I was doing a lot of guessing! :lol:
Original post by CatusStarbright

It's time for Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the thirty-third instalment of the Quiz of the Week series! I will be testing your knowledge of news stories from this week. Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! There is no need to prove your score for this, as the quiz asks for your TSR username and I can see all responses. Filling in a valid TSR username is a requirement for being placed on the scoreboard. Please feel free to comment your scores below as that will help me verify users' scores more easily!

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. The person scoring the most points receiving a tasty prize of 100 rep thanks to the Community Staff!

Happy quizzing!

Damn 4\10. A couple I got right but changed my answer last minute 😭
8!
With apologies for the delay, the results are in! When examining the results, I realised that I made a mistake with the answer key for one of the questions (the minimum corporation tax rate), so some of you now have one more point than you expected:

:king1: @englishhopeful98 (10 points)
:king2: @sufys12 (9 points)
:king3: @Saracen's Fez (8 points)
4th: @Ra_Ar (7 points)
=5th: @Napp, @CheeseIsVeg, @ROTL94, @jemima0103
9th: @-Eirlys- (4 points)
10th @Andrew97 (3 points)

Unfortunately I do also have to say that I suspect someone in this quiz has cheated and looked up answers. The user in question got a score of 10/10 - once I fixed the incorrect answer key - and also got the free-form tiebreaker question spot on, which would have made them the winner of the tie break. This user was consequently removed from the rankings and the running for the rep prize. Please don't look up answers when you play the Quiz of the Week, as it only spoils the fun and denies people who play fairly their chance at winning the prize.

@Pink Unicorn could the rep prize be given to the winner please?
With apologies for the delay, the results are in! When examining the results, I realised that I made a mistake with the answer key for one of the questions (the minimum corporation tax rate), so some of you now have one more point than you expected:

Unfortunately I do also have to say that I suspect someone in this quiz has cheated and looked up answers. The user in question got a score of 10/10 - once I fixed the incorrect answer key - and also got the free-form tiebreaker question spot on, which would have made them the winner of the tie break. This user was consequently removed from the rankings and the running for the rep prize. Please don't look up answers when you play the Quiz of the Week, as it only spoils the fun and denies people who play fairly their chance at winning the prize.

No suspicion I cheated no? 👀
Original post by Andrew97
No suspicion I cheated no? 👀

Absolutely none! :lol:
Absolutely none! :lol:

Looks like I got away with it then

When do I get the rep?
Original post by englishhopeful98
When do I get the rep?

Whenever Pink Unicorn gets round to sorting it :smile:
Whenever Pink Unicorn gets round to sorting it :smile:

okay thank you
Original post by englishhopeful98
okay thank you

Massive sorry for taking so long! All awarded :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest