What was uni like before covid?

Watch
S2202
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m genuinely so curious, did you guys have any online lectures recorded if anyone couldn’t attend lectures, how was attendance taken if it wasn’t online? What were exams like if they weren’t online? Was uni life any different?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by S2202)
I’m genuinely so curious, did you guys have any online lectures recorded if anyone couldn’t attend lectures, how was attendance taken if it wasn’t online? What were exams like if they weren’t online? Was uni life any different?
I wasn’t at uni pre covid but some of my friends were and I remember them missing lectures to watch the online recordings. I think the lecturer was just recorded as they took the lecture and that was posted online
University of Suffolk student
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by S2202)
Hi S2202! It seems a long time ago now, doesn't it?! I'm in my 3rd year now so I started a few months before the pandemic hit, and back then, we only had face-to-face lectures at the university. All of the PowerPoints and learning resources were made available online that we could access, but if we missed a lecture then we'd only be able to study from the online resources. We have devices in each classroom that we can scan our university ID badges in order to record our attendance for each lecture! I've only had a couple of exams in person, but they followed the same sort of set up as GCSEs and A Levels, with all of the students in a large room, sitting at their own desks. Of course, the layout of exams would depend on what course you're studying and not all of my exams followed this format either! I suppose it was easier to meet others on the course as the lectures were face-to-face, but I feel as though now that Fresher's events have returned and some university lectures have resumed in person, that it's not much different anymore I hope this has answered your questions!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by S2202)
When I went to uni. hardly anything was online. The lecture slides might get uploaded after the lecture.

Attendance was only taking at group work, never lectures.

All exams done in person in a hall, same as secondary school.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lectures were in person but at my university, they were also recorded for people who wanted to watch it back when making notes or for those who were absent.
Everything else was in-person, except maybe the odd one or two e-learning packages we had to complete - but there’d usually be some kind of in-person follow up to that anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads