Submitting UCAS and adding choices later

Watch
Thanks4helping
Badges: 8
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Would I be able to submit 1 or 2 universities now, and add another 2-3 universities later? Is this the same for medicine-related courses (adding non-medical and medical courses later in the year as those universities have different deadlines)?

Is it correct that I wont be able to add anything else after submissions (adding English language tests etc)?

Thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thanks4helping)
Would I be able to submit 1 or 2 universities now, and add another 2-3 universities later? Is this the same for medicine-related courses (adding non-medical and medical courses later in the year as those universities have different deadlines)?

Is it correct that I wont be able to add anything else after submissions (adding English language tests etc)?

Thanks!
Yes you can apply with 1-2 choices and add the others later.

That applies to all subjects - but if you add medicine choices after the medicine deadline then they’ll be classed as “late”

You can amend your qualifications and add qualifications after you submit your application. You can’t amend your PS or reference (which includes predicted grades)
Last edited by PQ; 1 week ago
Thanks4helping
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes you can apply with 1-2 choices and add the others later.

That applies to all subjects - but if you add medicine choices after the medicine deadline then they’ll be classed as “late”

You can amend your qualifications and add qualifications after you submit your application. You can’t amend your PS or reference (which includes predicted grades)
Thanks
For the university choices, I know that we can change the choice within 14 days, but can we change one of the choice to nothing and add it later?
If a choice is added, and one withdraws/ change the choice within 14 days, do the universities receive your application (before the withdrawal or change)?
I remember you saying that applicants need to notify individual universities if there are any changes in education after UCAS submission (or is it because of the deadline)? I am not sure how adding qualifications should be used
Thanks4helping
?
I have another question on references and predicted grades. I will be applying as an independent applicant, but there may be pending grades for my degree-level studies. Does the referee need to predict grades for this? Can they choose not to?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks
For the university choices, I know that we can change the choice within 14 days, but can we change one of the choice to nothing and add it later?
If a choice is added, and one withdraws/ change the choice within 14 days, do the universities receive your application (before the withdrawal or change)?
I remember you saying that applicants need to notify individual universities if there are any changes in education after UCAS submission (or is it because of the deadline)? I am not sure how adding qualifications should be used
No. If you use a choice when you submit you can’t “un-add” it. Only substitute.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have another question on references and predicted grades. I will be applying as an independent applicant, but there may be pending grades for my degree-level studies. Does the referee need to predict grades for this? Can they choose not to?
They can choose not to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (212)
56.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.37%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.28%

Watched Threads