How to change course 2 weeks into uni?

Watch
Hanlooc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! Does anyone know how you would go about changing your course at university? Its only been two weeks and id like to change my subject, just wondering if anyones done this before that could help? Thanks!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hanlooc)
Hi! Does anyone know how you would go about changing your course at university? Its only been two weeks and id like to change my subject, just wondering if anyones done this before that could help? Thanks!
First of all you should talk to or email the department you wish to transfer into and ask them if you can transfer. They may then advise you of the next step (if they have spaces) or might suggest you contact student services to request a transfer form.

Your personal tutor should also be able to advise you about how to transfer - it's not uncommon and the sooner the better if you want to transfer.
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 week ago
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hanlooc)
If you want to change you need to get moving on that right away.

A university I'm familiar with has a deadline for course changes of "the end of the second week of teaching".

But even if a longer deadline is available, the longer you leave it the more teaching you'll miss. So you need to keep that time as short as possible.

Bear in mind that there may not be spaces available on the course you want to change to, so you should consider what you'll do if you can't change course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads