xanthuros45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello!

I’m in my final year of my Bachelors, so starting to think of my Masters, and I was wondering if someone could talk me through doing a Masters/Post Grad?

Do you work full time alongside doing your masters? How does the Gov’s Masters Loan work? All the nitty gritty details if you don’t mind!

Cheers!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xanthuros45)
Hello!

I’m in my final year of my Bachelors, so starting to think of my Masters, and I was wondering if someone could talk me through doing a Masters/Post Grad?

Do you work full time alongside doing your masters? How does the Gov’s Masters Loan work? All the nitty gritty details if you don’t mind!

Cheers!
You should be applying right now, so get researching the course and uni. A Masters is full time, so trying to work full time as well would be damaging to the degree. 10-20 hours a week is a more doable target.

I'd Google the loan, because your circumstances may vary.
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can work part time along a full-time masters (just about usually). The student loans are a set amount I believe, around 10k or 11k, it doesn't always cover the fees. It is aimed at tuition fees but you have to pay it yourself, so technically could use it for other things.

What do you want to know about the courses? They vary hugely in how they're delivered depending on your school, subject, course pathway etc.
xanthuros45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
You should be applying right now, so get researching the course and uni. A Masters is full time, so trying to work full time as well would be damaging to the degree. 10-20 hours a week is a more doable target.

I'd Google the loan, because your circumstances may vary.
I’ve got a course in mind, they’ve only just released the tuition fees for the next year. The loan states it doesn’t matter on your income, and the course I’d like is around £13,000. How does someone go about funding the year? Luckily the one I want to go to isn’t far away so I can drive, so I know my living situation as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (167)
55.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.62%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (33)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.65%

Watched Threads