The Student Room Group

Lonely and sad at sixform

Ever since I started sixform I have been feeling down. My two close friends have gone to different colleges so we are all on our own and we talk daily yesterday we spent around 5hrs chilling and talking over the phone and it was great and it made me happy but that’s the only time I feel happy. I don’t really have any friends at sixform as most people came with friends from their secondary so it was difficult making new friends and on top of that my classes are mostly girls so I can’t hang around with them at lunch or talk after school making me feel more lonely and sad. People on my table talk to me and I talk back and they litterally laugh and have a good time talking to me however once lunch comes alone again and it has impacted me negatively to the point where I just wanna be alone at home as little things are irritating me and school doesn’t help as it just makes me feel worse sometime. I don’t really have anyone to talk to I told my close friends but they can’t do much. I’m really sure what to do surprisingly one girl noticed and commented on why I stay alone at lunch and keep to myself people ask me to go with them at lunch and I do but I just keep a bit of space as I can’t really relate to them and just doesn’t make me feel anything. The girl even said why I do that I hang around people but keep a distance as if I’m in my own bubble which is true as I catch myself doing it but it’s cuz I’m not enjoying anything. That girl doesn’t even hangout with me or nothing we just talk during lesson so I’m not sure how she noticed. The whole situation just makes me feel like crap and makes me wanna just disappear and talk to nobody and hide in the toilet at lunch furthermore I take very difficult subjects which stresses me out already and it is multiplied by feeling like crap. I’m introverted however I do enjoy talking to small groups of people where I’m comfortable but a month in I have litterally zero friends and I’m just not enjoying sixform
This is going to sound so generic but seriously just talk to the people around you. Like I know maybe you don't want to talk to the girls maybe try talking to the guys? Talk to the people you sit next to, volunteer in other things sixth-formers are doing in your sixth-form- you may make loads of friends like that! The group of people you like talking to most likely like talking to you too- so maybe you could start a conversation with them during break or lunch and who knows, maybe you guys could become good friends. Also maybe seek out other lonely people in your sixth form- I'm sure you are not the only person alone. Also maybe try making friends with the external students, they started off there with no friends so they would be more open to making new friends. I hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This is going to sound so generic but seriously just talk to the people around you. Like I know maybe you don't want to talk to the girls maybe try talking to the guys? Talk to the people you sit next to, volunteer in other things sixth-formers are doing in your sixth-form- you may make loads of friends like that! The group of people you like talking to most likely like talking to you too- so maybe you could start a conversation with them during break or lunch and who knows, maybe you guys could become good friends. Also maybe seek out other lonely people in your sixth form- I'm sure you are not the only person alone. Also maybe try making friends with the external students, they started off there with no friends so they would be more open to making new friends. I hope this helped :smile:

The problem is the are barely any guys in my sixform in my chem class the are 4 boys including me and 16 girls. What’s worse is most boys are also into relationships aswell along with having friends so it’s near impossible to become friends. The girls already also have friends plus why would they wanna talk to a boy when they have close friends already. My sixform doesn’t have clubs and all the external students came with friends so I’m kinda in a impossible situation and it’s affecting me mentally causing me to feel like crap most hrs of the day
Ever since I started sixform I have been feeling down. My two close friends have gone to different colleges so we are all on our own and we talk daily yesterday we spent around 5hrs chilling and talking over the phone and it was great and it made me happy but that’s the only time I feel happy. I don’t really have any friends at sixform as most people came with friends from their secondary so it was difficult making new friends and on top of that my classes are mostly girls so I can’t hang around with them at lunch or talk after school making me feel more lonely and sad. People on my table talk to me and I talk back and they litterally laugh and have a good time talking to me however once lunch comes alone again and it has impacted me negatively to the point where I just wanna be alone at home as little things are irritating me and school doesn’t help as it just makes me feel worse sometime. I don’t really have anyone to talk to I told my close friends but they can’t do much. I’m really sure what to do surprisingly one girl noticed and commented on why I stay alone at lunch and keep to myself people ask me to go with them at lunch and I do but I just keep a bit of space as I can’t really relate to them and just doesn’t make me feel anything. The girl even said why I do that I hang around people but keep a distance as if I’m in my own bubble which is true as I catch myself doing it but it’s cuz I’m not enjoying anything. That girl doesn’t even hangout with me or nothing we just talk during lesson so I’m not sure how she noticed. The whole situation just makes me feel like crap and makes me wanna just disappear and talk to nobody and hide in the toilet at lunch furthermore I take very difficult subjects which stresses me out already and it is multiplied by feeling like crap. I’m introverted however I do enjoy talking to small groups of people where I’m comfortable but a month in I have litterally zero friends and I’m just not enjoying sixform

Heya,
Im Sorry your feeling like this, sending virtual hugs :smile: xx
I promise you it will get better, for now focus on your exams as this will impact your future and remember six form is only two years, than if you are going to Uni or etc you will be able to meet loads of new people.
As for now maybe spend time with your family if you can x take everyday as it comes and it will get better :smile:
Reply 4
Heya,
Im Sorry your feeling like this, sending virtual hugs :smile: xx
I promise you it will get better, for now focus on your exams as this will impact your future and remember six form is only two years, than if you are going to Uni or etc you will be able to meet loads of new people.
As for now maybe spend time with your family if you can x take everyday as it comes and it will get better :smile:

I can’t really relate to my family plus by being lonely and irritated by the small things they do I have said some regrettable things making it worse I can’t really relate to them and I wanna get out of this situation as Yh it’s two yrs but two yrs of constant pain is difficult to deal with along with exams it’s taking a toll on me as all I wanna do is stay in bed and do nothing as I’m feeling empty day by day
The problem is the are barely any guys in my sixform in my chem class the are 4 boys including me and 16 girls. What’s worse is most boys are also into relationships aswell along with having friends so it’s near impossible to become friends. The girls already also have friends plus why would they wanna talk to a boy when they have close friends already. My sixform doesn’t have clubs and all the external students came with friends so I’m kinda in a impossible situation and it’s affecting me mentally causing me to feel like crap most hrs of the day

If you can't make friends with the guys, why don't you try being friends with some of the girls?
Reply 6
Original post by Htx_x346
If you can't make friends with the guys, why don't you try being friends with some of the girls?

They all have friends also my religion doesn’t allow me also my parents won’t let me and I can’t cuz I feel weird talking to them outside of school as I went to a all boy secondary
I can’t really relate to my family plus by being lonely and irritated by the small things they do I have said some regrettable things making it worse I can’t really relate to them and I wanna get out of this situation as Yh it’s two yrs but two yrs of constant pain is difficult to deal with along with exams it’s taking a toll on me as all I wanna do is stay in bed and do nothing as I’m feeling empty day by day

Heya,
Im sorry im probs not the best for advice for this, but I bet someone will have better advice and I promise you it will get better xx
have a nice day :smile: x
They all have friends also my religion doesn’t allow me also my parents won’t let me and I can’t cuz I feel weird talking to them outside of school as I went to a all boy secondary

Oh okay. Maybe try joining a society or a sports club to make friends with people who have similar interests? You could also try making friends with the year above if all else fails? Once you go to uni no one cares about age- it's only in secondary school that people only make friends with their year.
Reply 9
Oh okay. Maybe try joining a society or a sports club to make friends with people who have similar interests? You could also try making friends with the year above if all else fails? Once you go to uni no one cares about age- it's only in secondary school that people only make friends with their year.

My school don’t do clubs or anything plus my bro is in the yr above and we don’t want anyone to know that we go to the same school as in secondary all the teachers knew me as his bro and not as me which was annoying furthermore somebody walked passed me while I was wearing a mask and was asking if I know this person I just no so I’m kinda stuck. Life is actually really sucky at this time and it’s happening for a month I made one friend however he is in a relationship so some lunches he hangs with his girl which I understand we get along but he shares zero of my subjects
*sixth form
You could consider hanging out with the people in the year above?
Original post by john19817
You could consider hanging out with the people in the year above?

That's literally what I said.

My school don’t do clubs or anything plus my bro is in the yr above and we don’t want anyone to know that we go to the same school as in secondary all the teachers knew me as his bro and not as me which was annoying furthermore somebody walked passed me while I was wearing a mask and was asking if I know this person I just no so I’m kinda stuck. Life is actually really sucky at this time and it’s happening for a month I made one friend however he is in a relationship so some lunches he hangs with his girl which I understand we get along but he shares zero of my subjects

At least you've got one friend, I guess. Just push through. You can be like that one mysterious cool kid haha. Focus on yourself and on your grades. Time will go faster than you think. :smile:
That's literally what I said.

Sorry I’m new to this website and I was trying to reply to something else, I think

try helping out in younger years extra curriculars like football clubs- I'm sure you could make friends with some kids from younger years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending