Got asked for a zoom/in person interview. Which one shall I choose?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically the question. Any help please.
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which would you prefer? Personally, I'd go for in-person since I've never liked zoom calls but if it's inconvenient to do it in person I'd do it over zoom.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Which would you prefer? Personally, I'd go for in-person since I've never liked zoom calls but if it's inconvenient to do it in person I'd do it over zoom.
I honestly don’t mind either and both are equally convenient. Which would you go for if this is your case.
HedgePig
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In person, unless very, very inconvenient to you.
1. It makes it seem you are more interested in the job since you have to go more trouble to present yourself in person.
2. You will have a better chance of making a stronger impression - both positive and negative. But if you are competing against several other candidates, you really only care about strengthening the positive impression. (i.e. it doesn’t make much difference if you make a mildly poor impression or a strongly poor impression - you haven’t got the job either way. But the difference between a mildly positive and strongly positive impression can be whether or not you get the job.)
3. You get to see the company on site. (Remember you are interviewing them as well.)
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically the question. Any help please.
Hi there,

Well done for getting an interview in the first place You should be really proud.

Have you had a practice with the 2 different methods, and seen which one works best for you? If you haven't, this might be really useful as you're able to see which method you perform best at. Try and visit your University's careers service and see if they can go through it with you, and do 2 mock interviews (one in person, and one in person), and get some feedback on what you perform best on

I hope that's helpful - best of luck to you!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise