UP2050434
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I got my timetable on Monday arranged childcare and work then yesterday it has completely changed weekly til December. It will be impossible to work round with no set timetable.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by UP2050434)
I got my timetable on Monday arranged childcare and work then yesterday it has completely changed weekly til December. It will be impossible to work round with no set timetable.
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear this and I know it must be frustrating.
What tends to happen is that the timetable will change at the start of the course as the uni sorts out clashes and makes sure that the timetable works for both the lecturers and students.
The timetable should be finalised and will stop changing soon. With the first few weeks of uni being so hectic it is sometimes hard to finalise the timetables as circumstances keep changing but after a week or 2 this should stop happening and will no longer be a problem.
If you are worried about this I would email your course leader and let them know your situation. They may be able to look into this further and help you a bit more.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
UP2050434
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear this and I know it must be frustrating.
What tends to happen is that the timetable will change at the start of the course as the uni sorts out clashes and makes sure that the timetable works for both the lecturers and students.
The timetable should be finalised and will stop changing soon. With the first few weeks of uni being so hectic it is sometimes hard to finalise the timetables as circumstances keep changing but after a week or 2 this should stop happening and will no longer be a problem.
If you are worried about this I would email your course leader and let them know your situation. They may be able to look into this further and help you a bit more.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
thank you so much for your reply. I have emailed myport and course tutor to see if they can help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
12.98%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.43%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed