What is Freshers really like, is made out to be as good as everyone says ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
just curious lol
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For me it marked the start of living away from home and the complete independence was extremely refreshing
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
just curious lol
Hi!
Freshers is what you make of it. If you make the most of it by attending freshers fayres (lots of free food), experiencing the societies, making new friends, etc, then it can be great.
Like Zarek said, freshers isn't all about going out drinking and clubbing. Freshers is the start of your uni experience and marks a great event in your life. In this sense, freshers isn't the big hyped up event that it seems to be. If you like going out and being social then you can 100% do that and there are lots of events put on soley for that purpose. But there are also calmer events during the day that give you a chance to relax and help you transition into uni life.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
just curious lol
Hey! I hope you're well

Freshers is a great chance to meet new people, find out what clubs and societies your uni offers and of course take advantage of all the fab freebies

When I was a student there was a wide variety of freshers events we could attend, not just drinking ones! There were more relaxed ones such as tea parties, food stalls, clothing fairs!

Here at Bradford we have a mixture of events such as movie nights, shopping trips for uni supplies, countryside walks, city trips, alton towers day out, food crawls... It all depends on the uni you attend but I'm sure there'll be a wide variety of things to get involved in

Becky
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn't go to any freshers stuff at all :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads