lemonadetea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! I’m in the process of applying to university, and I have 3 unis which I really want to apply to but each have the same entry requirements - is this ok or should I try to eliminate one?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lemonadetea)
Hello! I’m in the process of applying to university, and I have 3 unis which I really want to apply to but each have the same entry requirements - is this ok or should I try to eliminate one?
Why should all your 5 choices have different requirements?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Three is fine if the grades match your predictions - it's not worth applying somewhere you don't want to go.
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What about the other 2 spaces?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The usual advice for your 5 choices is :
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades - ie. one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade
This gives you maximum flexibility for a) getting offers and b) having realistic Firm and Insurance choices later on.

So having three Unis with the same grade requirements is in itself fine - just make sure your other choices fit the suggested pattern above.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends on whether you are likely to achieve these grades. If so, its fine. If you are grades below it is very risky.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (212)
56.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.37%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.28%

Watched Threads