Porridge9280
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I want to apply to a course with an entry requirement of AAB but I'm predicted an AAC. I have a pretty good personal statement and was just wondering weather that would lower the offer,
Porridge9280
Rep:
?
Just to add to this is also do EPQ but when I was at Lancaster for an open day they said they don't accept it.
annonymous87686
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Porridge9280)
So I want to apply to a course with an entry requirement of AAB but I'm predicted an AAC. I have a pretty good personal statement and was just wondering weather that would lower the offer,
Most competitive unis reject you immediately if your predicted grades are lower than the entry requirements maybe ask your teacher to up your C
Porridge9280
Rep:
?
(Original post by annonymous87686)
Most competitive unis reject you immediately if your predicted grades are lower than the entry requirements maybe ask your teacher to up your C
what uni u at?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by annonymous87686)
This isn’t quite true, it really depends on the course. Many competitive unis will make aspirational offers to those predicted one grade below.

OP: They won’t lower their offer, but they may still consider you.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Porridge9280)
Just to add to this is also do EPQ but when I was at Lancaster for an open day they said they don't accept it.
A university might make you an offer if you are one grade off. It will be the standard offer though and you will need to reach those grades in the exam. Whether or not you will get an offer will be different for universities and courses within universities. Nobody can really tell. It depends on how competitive a course at that university is. If they will easily fill the course then you will be rejected. If they think they wont fill a course they will make an offer.

On results days universities accept everyone who has met their offers. If they still have spare spaces they look at people who missed their offers and decide whether to accept students.

Usually Lancaster tend to be quite lenient for most subjects on results day but as said previously none of usknow whether you will get made an offer or accepted if your grades are slighyy below the offer.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apply.
At least one, or even two, risky choices is fine and if you get an offer this works as a great motivation to get those higher grades!
Just make sure you have some more realistic choices as well. Good luck!
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Swanseajack1 is right, you wont know if Lancaster will make you an offer if your grades are slightly lower. I know for physics, there was some of my daughters friends she made online prior to results day who were other physics applicants there. And a couple got 1 grade lower and was not accepted. I guess it down to popularity of the course and the number of applicants for each one.
For zoology there its AAB and in clearing this year at Lancaster it was BBB.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Last year was not a 'normal year' at any UK Unis because of TAG grade inflation - so many courses were filled with artificially high grades without the need to consider anyone who was a 'near miss''. Hopefully next August will be more straightforward and we'll go back to more 'slightly below' offer holders being accepted again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (212)
56.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.37%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.28%

Watched Threads