eve_4xo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In my GCSEs I got one 9, two 8’s, one 6, four 5’s and one 4. I passed every subject and did very well in humanities. I’m looking to apply for English at Russell group universities such as York, Warwick and Nottingham. Will my GCSE’s be taken into account?
succubus666
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
like most unis they will be taken into account and usually they tell you if they have any specific gcse requirements, but apart from that i dont think its a major factor that will affect your place, as long as your ps is great and you have the right predicted grades, unlike oxford and some other super selective unis who take gcses into consideration.
Porridge9280
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eve_4xo)
In my GCSEs I got one 9, two 8’s, one 6, four 5’s and one 4. I passed every subject and did very well in humanities. I’m looking to apply for English at Russell group universities such as York, Warwick and Nottingham. Will my GCSE’s be taken into account?
what predicted grades have you got for A levels or whatever post 16 your doing
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you meet any specific GCSE requireement (typically Maths/English) then apply.
Some Unis do also look at your overall GCSE profile but your A Level predistions and PS will always be far more important.
Your GCSEs are fine - stop stressing and just apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads