Why does slim look better?

Watch
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Johnnava)
It's basically considered less masculine, akin to women having a beard and lots of body hair.
That makes no sense. A woman with curves is less masculine looking than a model resembling an adolescent boy!
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Erm thin/skinny bodies are not a 'western' thing, it's just a body type and is found in most ethnicities contrary to stereotypes. The paradox of people aspiring to look starved and impoverished in fashion world while people have been unfortunately forced to live this way around the world (in non-'western' regions) has been remarked on too. Plus, i hear no end of criticism about this body type now, cause female bodies are also trends unfortunately. And some people just have this body type without trying. Skinny thick doesn't really exist either.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Because you think it does.
waynechallen1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by SomeHuman58)
from a female point of view, I find a lot of my want to be skinny is from seeing models. From what I understand, often a fashion brand may want to show ultra slim models because its easier to make the clothes- less fabric and is more likely to fit is everyone has more or less the same small frame. Of course this could just be an excuse and its still about them following the western perception of beauty.
well fat people are the bane of mankind
NI52
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by waynechallen1)
well fat people are the bane of mankind
IM DEADDDDD...THATS ACC FUNNY. For once
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.2%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.27%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (113)
33.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed