Dropping out of Uni. Will they charge me if I submit application before deadline?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My Uni gives us two weeks to withdraw before charging tuition fees. I technically have until Wednesday to withdraw, but my question is: is this withdrawal period based on when I submit my application to withdraw, or when they actually process/approve it?

Because what if I send my application in today but they don't approve it until Thursday and I still get charged the fee?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My Uni gives us two weeks to withdraw before charging tuition fees. I technically have until Wednesday to withdraw, but my question is: is this withdrawal period based on when I submit my application to withdraw, or when they actually process/approve it?

Because what if I send my application in today but they don't approve it until Thursday and I still get charged the fee?
Write to UCAS and explain the situation. I think on their website there is a specific page about cancelling your application/ amending your UCAS application so maybe check that out first. If you made contact before the two week period was up I think they ought to give you your refund, but it might be better to start that process sooner rather than later. Hope it all works out xx
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Write to UCAS and explain the situation. I think on their website there is a specific page about cancelling your application/ amending your UCAS application so maybe check that out first. If you made contact before the two week period was up I think they ought to give you your refund, but it might be better to start that process sooner rather than later. Hope it all works out xx
Thanks for the advice! I’m not sure if this would work for me though as I applied outside of ucas for a postgrad degree
Desideri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Once you’re already at uni, your UCAS application is irrelevant.

OP, when I took a leave of absence it was based on the day I submitted it, not when they processed it a bit later. But it’s something that probably depends on your uni’s processes. Your SU might be able to tell you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads