The Student Room Group

career

i dont know what do with my life. How do i know what to study? How do i know what i want for my career choice?
get careers advice op, either from your school or potentially your local authority as well
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
But see thats the thing i dont know all i want is to be rich and successful no matter what
Reply 3
I will offer my life to be wealthy thats what i mean like people tell me to find a job that i enjoy even if i dont make money but id rather a job i hate and be wealthy
Original post by jsssst
I will offer my life to be wealthy thats what i mean like people tell me to find a job that i enjoy even if i dont make money but id rather a job i hate and be wealthy

Starr your own business: no one ever gets wealthy working for someone else unless you make even more money for people richer than you ie are a find manager or work in private equity.
Reply 5
ik!!
what do you mean by background? I would love to invest but you would need money for that
100,000 per year for me would be minimum for me personally but i understand that when i start working that it wouldnt be 100k per year so i understand starting of with a smaller wage but then later on i would like it to go higher gradually
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Starr your own business: no one ever gets wealthy working for someone else unless you make even more money for people richer than you ie are a find manager or work in private equity.

But there are so much unsuccessful businesses!!
Reply 7
gcse student
whats a career ladder?
but i dont want to spend my whole life working either
whatever it takes
Original post by jsssst
But there are so much unsuccessful businesses!!

There are also so many unsuccessful employed people. I you want to be wealthy you need to go looking for it. Don't ever expect it to fall in your lap. It will never happen.
Original post by jsssst
i dont know what do with my life. How do i know what to study? How do i know what i want for my career choice?

think to the future what do you want out of it.

For me my job requirements were:

Allows me to travel
Career progression
Not a desk job
With animals
Semi decent pay

This led me to veterinary medicine.

Maybe make a list of things like that to narrow the ideas down till you start finding things you like
Reply 10
well im redoing my gcse so at the moment im only doing english, maths and triple science
Oh okay
And i knoww
Reply 11
Original post by flamingolover
think to the future what do you want out of it.

For me my job requirements were:

Allows me to travel
Career progression
Not a desk job
With animals
Semi decent pay

This led me to veterinary medicine.

Maybe make a list of things like that to narrow the ideas down till you start finding things you like

how did you find what career suited your requirements?
Reply 12
Original post by SeliniaGa
I think this is an important choice in life. Finding your favorite business is a great success. You must analyze your desires and capabilities. Personally, I started doing what I like quite recently. I opened my own store and I am happy. I work via the Internet on a special site and have enough time

how would you analyze your desires and capabilities?
Original post by jsssst
how did you find what career suited your requirements?

Google. Knowing I wanted to work with animals (and the fact I was fairly academic) helped so I looked into conservation, zoology, veterinary, marine biology, research etc which narrowed it down more then I googled each job specifically and in detail. Looking at pay, career opportunities etc and just generally considering what would make me happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending