Waleedmwk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it possible to get into a Russel group that I can do an aerospace engineering course without the need for a heavy A level alongside math such as physics or chem, I am aware there are unis like Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh etc. but I’m not aware of the rest, what Russel groups would allow me to take on an aerospace engineer course with A levels: math, product design and psychology?

Also, is product design considered the same as design technology?
Advertisement
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Waleedmwk)
Is it possible to get into a Russel group that I can do an aerospace engineering course without the need for a heavy A level alongside math such as physics or chem, I am aware there are unis like Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh etc. but I’m not aware of the rest, what Russel groups would allow me to take on an aerospace engineer course with A levels: math, product design and psychology?

*Russell Group

Most courses will require A-level maths & physics, you may have to consider a foundation year if you cant find a course which just accepts maths.
Waleedmwk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
*Russell Group

Most courses will require A-level maths & physics, you may have to consider a foundation year if you cant find a course which just accepts maths.
There are many which require only math and some other subjects which don’t have to be physics, but I’m not sure what they all are and so my question was what are the Russell groups other than Nottingham, Southampton and Edinburgh that will take you in aerospace with math and design technology. I’m aware Nottingham, queen uni of Belfast and Edinburgh are some examples.
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

Hi,

"A level requirements

ABB including Mathematics and at least one from Physics (preferred), Biology, Chemistry, Technology and Design, Further Mathematics or Double Award Life and Health Sciences."

Above are the listed requirements for aerospace engineering at Queen's University Belfast. Physics is prefered however it is not necessary so Queen's could be a good option for you.
https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...h400/#overview
There is the link to the page on aerospace engineering.
I hope this helps

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Conflict Transformation MA
Waleedmwk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps)
Hi,

"A level requirements

ABB including Mathematics and at least one from Physics (preferred), Biology, Chemistry, Technology and Design, Further Mathematics or Double Award Life and Health Sciences."

Above are the listed requirements for aerospace engineering at Queen's University Belfast. Physics is prefered however it is not necessary so Queen's could be a good option for you.
https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...h400/#overview
There is the link to the page on aerospace engineering.
I hope this helps

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Conflict Transformation MA
Thank you! However, Belfast is really far from london around a 10 hours drive otherwise I was considering queens
Last edited by Waleedmwk; 2 days ago
Advertisement
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you! However, Belfast is really far from london around a 10 hours drive otherwise I was considering queens
You know that you can fly there right?
https://www.google.com/flights?tfs=C...=en&authuser=0
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 2 days ago
Waleedmwk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Does it not seem like a bit of a stretch to fly to a uni? What if I have to visit campus a lot, flying is abit expensive
Advertisement
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Does it not seem like a bit of a stretch to fly to a uni? What if I have to visit campus a lot, flying is abit expensive
£48 return from Stansted is a lot cheaper than a lot of train tickets. It's only an hour idk what you're whining about. You won't be going home as much as you think anyways.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Won't you live at uni?

Please look beyond RG - it's not relevant for Engineering. You need to look for accreditation and a year in industry.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads